MR & MRS G V NATWEST Please help!!!!

saspa
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6197 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Lol.............. she'll wish she'd never messed you about!!!! Time to show them you mean business honey .............. let 'em know you're not gonna' be messed about anymore! xxxx :p

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Too right....... IT AIN'T OVER TILL THE FAT LADY SINGS!!!!! NITEY NITE AND KEEP SMILING. WILL LET YOU KNOW ABOUT N1 WHEN DONE. WILL PROBABLY BE DONE THURSDAY / FRI AS FLY OUT SAT BUT FLYING FROM LEEDS BRADFORD.

Excellent!!!

Get the packing done early............ then we'll get you through the N1!!!!

Nite honey, hedgey xxxxxx :p

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Hi saspa - if you scroll up to the User CP panel (near the top), click on search - and enter something like 'won with financial ombudsman' it should throw up some links that you can have a look at. Main drawback with going this route is that it seems to take ages! Hedgey xxx :p

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Well it looks as though the Natwest may be in a good position at the moment as we have had a massive payout on something and are not going to be able to pay the 250 court cost at the moment. Typical and as always just our luck. We can never be the ones who get the letter through the door.... to be honest at this moment in time I am onto the post man before he comes down our lane. Poor fella.... Guys have you heard of anyone getting their letters through from just being patient past the 8 week mark?

Yours desperately getting depressed even more and now not looking forward to the holiday.

Yes, many have had offers at around the 8 week mark, but its entirely up to you if you want to wait the 8 weeks. Personally and speaking from experience I would file at court, you can go to your court and plead poverty and fill in a form that basically lets you waiver the court fees, YES THEY CAN DO THIS............... and so if you dont mind going in to discuss it with the court staff, they do let you off paying if you are a genuine case and cant afford the funds to submit the claim, if you dont want to talk to them face to face about it, give them a call, it might be easier. Its up to you, if you want to wait, nobody can blame you, but I would file at court, but thats cos Im an impatient girly who likes to dictate my own timetable and not dance to theirs. I got an offer after 8 weeks, four weeks after I had submitted my claim through court so they do send offers, but its pot luck really. Will you be a lucky one and get an offer or not. Nobody knows, not even the crystal ball. Lol xxx Best of luck, whatever you decide, you have all the support here you could ever need. Fendy xxxxx

Hiya Fendy, I am just like you, as I am a fiesty little yorkshire lass too. WE are probably the same as I come from just over the moors from you. I think that we will leave it till we get back from holiday and then plead at the courts like you said. If it weren't for the expenses that I have had today on the dog and the good old car - you can always count on the car going wrong at the wrong time.

Maybe going away will just take some of the stress off and rejuvinate me back to the ALWAYS A WINNER mode. Thanks for your advice. I am not ashamed that I am strugggling because I know whos the cause. And they will know it also.

Hi Saspa............ sounds like you're ready to get on a mission!!!

Try and have a relaxing time on holiday - and then come back at nat west when you get home with all guns 'a' blazing!!!

Nothing wrong with being skint either.............. it's a state of life in this day and age - we're all in the same boat (otherwise, there'd be no need for forums like CAG!!!).

Have a fab hol - hedgey xx :p

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

• 3 weeks later...

Hiya all,

Back from our hols only to find no letter - thats not a suprise!!!!

At the moment can't get my head around trying to go through the courts.

Worried about going to the court and declaring we are skint. Things are going bad to worse and the money would really help at this moment in time.

Didn't enjoy the holiday at all as worried all the time about what letters would be on the doorstep.

Hi saspa,

I'm really sorry that you couldn't enjoy yer holiday. You really needed the break to take yer mind off everything methinks.

Don't be worried about approaching the court - they're very understanding and if you genuinely can't afford the court filing fee, they'll probs waive it.

Just a thought, but have you phoned Borehamwood to see if an offer's in the pipeline yet??? Give them a ring now to find out - 08453030456. It could be that they're prepared to pay out - and if you're prepared to wait a few weeks it may be worth it as well. Hedgey xxx

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Hiya Hedgey,

The number that I had was 0800 015 4212 and they keep telling me that the offer that Natwest are to offer that was calculated on the 29th March 2007 and the letter would arrive in 8 weeks (this would have been the 24th May) the day before we flew.

It has not arrived and the offer was around 1500 short of our claim. I have not rung them since returning.

Should I be ringing the number that you gave me instead.

Try the number I've given you, as this was the number on the top of my offer letter!

If they're not offering you your full charges back though saspa, I'd seriously think about filing at court. They've messed you about long enough now hun. xxx

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Thanks Hedgey I will give them a ring. Do you know what time they are open by anychance its just that the other is open 9 - 5.

Going to get all the money back no matter what it takes as they have put us into so much trouble it is unreal.

Hope you are having some success.

Did you say that your offer letter came about 4 weeks after the 8 weeks? Or was that someone else?

My offer letter came three weeks after the LBA deadline............. 6 days after I filed at court, so I've refused to accept it unless they pay the court filing fee back as well!!!!

Not sure of the opening hours hun, but it may be worth giving them a ring now just to see. If not, try first thing in the morning.

And don't worry, it you have to file at court, we're all behind you all the way. xxxx

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Hiya Hedgey,

Going to ring them in the morning as going to get my little one sorted out tonight.

Only been back 2 days and already getting stressed.

I feel that Natwest are lying about the letter that is supposedly on its way and this is what is stressing me out. If I knew it would be on our doorstep I would relax a little as we think we will consider their offer. But hey they are also rubbing me up the wrong way and I feel I am going to take them all the way. BUt it appears that the courts are getting abit fed up with this and one day the banks are going to win.

What about emailing them?

Good idea! Email address for Borehamwood is customer.relations@natwest.com It can't hurt - and it may help!

Don't worry, I know what it's like when you're totally down on your uppers, it feels as though things'll never be sorted. But me and hubby have found that we've started to get there bit by bit if you know what I mean. We're still skint all the time, but at least we're managing to get our debts sorted out (thanks to CAG I hasten to add!!!)

And knowing nat west, they may well not be giving you the full truth - but at least you know that with the support you'll get on here, you'll get sorted eventually.

Email them tonight and phone first thing in the morning. Let us know how you get on hun. Good luck, hedgey xxxx

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Thanks Hun,

Going to email tonight and then call first thing in the morning.

Will let you know what rubbish the fob me off with.

As long as my little girl keeps smiling at me then everything is okay as far as I am concerned.

Good idea! Email address for Borehamwood is customer.relations@NatWest.com It can't hurt - and it may help!

Don't worry, I know what it's like when you're totally down on your uppers, it feels as though things'll never be sorted. But me and hubby have found that we've started to get there bit by bit if you know what I mean. We're still skint all the time, but at least we're managing to get our debts sorted out (thanks to CAG I hasten to add!!!)

And knowing nat west, they may well not be giving you the full truth - but at least you know that with the support you'll get on here, you'll get sorted eventually.

Email them tonight and phone first thing in the morning. Let us know how you get on hun. Good luck, hedgey xxxx

Can i just check that the email address is correct as there is a space before the t.com.

Ta hun.

My mistake hun, don't put the space in!!!! xx

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Have emailed the Customer Services Dept and will phone Borehamwood tomorrow but I think its like you said earlier that they may be preapared to pay out if that letter arrives. I just wonder if they try and push first to see how far you are willing to go i.e to court.:-?