£12 fair?

Redurn
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6231 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm currently in the process of claiming back my credit card charges. In light of the OFT decision that £12 is a fair charge, can anyone tell me if I should just claim the difference between what they have charged me and £12 per charge?

They have offered me a goodwill payment which pretty much equates to this difference. Should I accept this or push for a full refund of all charges?

No you should go for the whole lot. What the OFT says is neither here nor there. The banks cannot make a profit from penalties, it is unlawful to do so, and you can quite legitimately claim back in it's entirety.

Ok thanks again ladybird17. i've found the template. the offer i received from my credit card company came with the statements. I hadn't completed a spreadsheet or even sent the LBA. Just wondering if you can tell me how this will affect everything? Should I send the spreadsheet with this letter of decline and send my other letter too requesting refund? Sorry if this isn't clear but I'm just unsure because this response has in a way thrown me off the normal procedures....

Hi Redurn,

I think what I would do is just slightly modify the partial settlement letter - just add in somewhere that the amount they have unlawfully charged is £XXX and substantiate this with the spreadsheet.

Hope this helps and keep posting!

Note that the OFT DIDN'T say that £12 charge was fair just that they would not investigate charges below this level.

Even at £12 the CC firms are making a potentially huge profit form us.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too