Not really about charges but I need some advice

LisaDJ
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6221 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We moved to co-op bank in January, we have a cashminder account with no overdraft because our credit rating is knackered. sad.gif We are on a debt management plan with CCCS.

We've had a couple of times when stuff went unpaid and this month they've paid the items and let us go overdrawn. Of course they have also charged us £19.50 each time.

Each time it was "our" fault - One time I'd forgotten to transfer money from my Co-Op account into the Joint account, the other time I transferred enough to cover bills that I knew were coming out, but my partner took money out or spent on his card rolleyes.gif without checking with me

Yesterday we got a letter saying "please pay in enough to meet all future items... to discuss the matter further or if you are experiencing financial difficulties please phone blah blah blah..."

Today we got a letter saying "as your account is not being conducted in a satisfactory matter we no longer wish to retain your banking business. I am therefore giving you 30 days notice of our intention to close your account"

We had trouble opening the account with Co-Op in the first place. We got turned down by Barclays and Natwest, I'm worried that we won't be able to get another account! Can they really turn round and change their minds in a day? :confused:

LisaDJ & partner vs HSBC - partial refund £522 of £700.

LisaDJ & partner vs HSBC - partial refund £250 of £367 (Oct 06-Jan 07) - account being closed by HSBC :rolleyes:

LisaDJ vs HSBC - claiming £1550 up to Sept 06 - result coming soon.

They did the same to my wifes account as it went over drawn for 2 hours. She had the basic account with them as thats who my current account is with and we wanted to keep things simple. She had her wages paid in every week as well as another £400 a month coming into it and had been £18 overdrawn and it was their charge of £19.50 that had put her over drawn in the first place. She was going to argue it but has gone back to using her Bank of Scotland account. I've just opened one with Halifax. Have you tried them?

Today we got a letter saying "as your account is not being conducted in a satisfactory matter we no longer wish to retain your banking business. I am therefore giving you 30 days notice of our intention to close your account"

We had trouble opening the account with Co-Op in the first place. We got turned down by Barclays and Natwest, I'm worried that we won't be able to get another account! Can they really turn round and change their minds in a day? :confused:

yes they can, you were warned.

have a look at the parachute account sticky, there are plenty of banks that will help you.

dx100uk

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yeah but the warning letter was dated 1 day before the account closure letter, which came on a Saturday so I don't think they gave us time to ask for help.

We gave them a call and explained the situation and they have allowed us to keep the account but cancelled the direct debits so we have to call them when the bills are due to be paid.

Of course a lot of companies aren't happy about this so I have moved them to my own account for now.

LisaDJ & partner vs HSBC - partial refund £522 of £700.

LisaDJ & partner vs HSBC - partial refund £250 of £367 (Oct 06-Jan 07) - account being closed by HSBC :rolleyes:

LisaDJ vs HSBC - claiming £1550 up to Sept 06 - result coming soon.

hehe

1 day, incredible

though your not the only one i've heard them doing this to.

maybe all these charge claims are biting them too hard...don't want the business if it means not profit for them only hassle.

i know i read something recently about a slight change in having to put up with so called 'bad new customers' in their T&C or some banking guidelines.

hope you get it sorted ok anyhow

dx100uk

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...