Refund of c/c charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1901 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

When I hand delivered my first letter last Saturday, they photocopied my original after stamping it with the date, and then signed it.

I didn't realise you could just hand the letter in, and this would serve as being legally delivered. Must remember that next time. :D

When I hand delivered my first letter last Saturday, they photocopied my original after stamping it with the date, and then signed it.

I didn't realise you could just hand the letter in, and this would serve as being legally delivered. Must remember that next time. :D

I posted a letter to Halifax Head Office on tuesday 21/02 2006. I had reason to call Head office today Sat.25/02/2006. Whilst i was on the phone I asked the young Lady if Head Office had received my letter giving Halifax 7 Days to refund my £1018 which they had taken from my account. She informed me that Halifax have 8 weeks by Law to reply to my letter. Where do i go from here? Ayy advice would be greatly received. Great site by the way.

8 weeks by law is a lie.

There is no legal basis for any deadlines.

Set your own timetable, let them know about it and stick to the deadlines which you impose.

Can you post your story in a spearate thread please.

8 weeks by law is a lie.

There is no legal basis for any deadlines.

Set your own timetable, let them know about it and stick to the deadlines which you impose.

Whe you get stuff like that ask them which law. Insist on an answer - even if you have to hang pn. Insist insist insist. Get the name of anyone who tells you this.

Can you post your story in a spearate thread please.

Just a quick update. I handed a letter in at the main Halifax branch last Friday giving them 7 days to pay up stating how dissapointed i was to find that they had not stuck to their end of the bargain, i used better wording than this obvioulsy. Anyway my son has just received a phone call from them to tell hm how extreamly sorry they are that he had to rewrite to them and they have paid the moneyinto his account. So a job well sorted :D I wonder if them being really nice to him is because he has quite allot of money tied up in savings with them, it seems quite out of chatacter. :?:

Lloyds TSB -Settled in full 30/08/06 :)

Now whoes next :)

so is it sorted now?

• 2 months later...

Three threads regarding your son's CC merged into this one :)

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/05/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support their.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

Lloyds TSB -Settled in full 30/08/06 :)

Now whoes next :)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1901 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks