help with cap one charges

bazak1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6243 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ok. i.ve looked through my partners lists of statements that cap one so kindly sent us after the S A R.

i've listed every charge and it amounts to £436.00.

now, i know i'm supposed to add interest to this figure but this is where it loses me. i cant access the spreadsheets for some reason, but even if i could, i'm new to the whole computor scene so wouldnt have a clue.

can any one tell me how i turn the above figure into the actual figure we are to send for refund.

any help appreciated.

Please note that although my advice is offered, you should consult your legal representative before taking ANY action.

have a nice day !!

VAMPIRESS'S CHAMBER

follow this link, you have to have a google account, it's free and easy to do, click on the spreadsheet you need, it'll open on a new page, at the top left theres a drop down menu, click on copy spreadsheet, it'll take a minute to change, then just enter the details ie, name, bank name ect, dont forget to enter the interest rate your claiming, and the correct date, i rushed doing one for a friend, sent it off without checking it was right and my figure was £2000 to high, lol [no wonder they didn't answer]:D

hope this helps

OK I GIVE IN

Halifax £3600 charges, won with C/I £6400

NatWest S.A.R-05/06/06

Bug**r all recieved 03/11/06

Prelim guesimate sent for £3000 03/11/06

Cr*p one CONNED statements 08/06 ROFLMAO

Cr*p one charges=£976

con int 34.9% £1,003.75 £1,979.75.

hi and thanks for your help and advice. i've looked at the spreadsheets suggested, and i can certainly put in every single charge, but i'm not sure what interest rate she should be claiming back, plus when i have completed the sheet, does it then calculate the total for you. i basically know nothing regards spreadsheets etc so i apologise for being a bit thick.

there are so many individual charges and amounts of interest that they have added on to her account, that although i'm good with mathematics, i'm totally lost with this. ( i may book myself on to a computer course, because it looks like i need it lol).

Please note that although my advice is offered, you should consult your legal representative before taking ANY action.

have a nice day !!

hi megan,

yes the overlimit and late fees are the ones that count, but what im confused over is, where they have put "interest charged", will that be an overall charge for the total outgoing amount per month.

do i just multiply the whole balance by the interest amount, or am i supposed to attempt to calculate the interest on how many days it has been on the account.

confused.com !

have a nice day !!

bazak1 i am in the same boat as you. i am at my aunties house as i dont have word at home. i am confused too. do you put in every amount paid or just list the charges that we have occured? also what interest rate are you claiming for?

Digger80, Bazak1,

Have you decided what route you are following. Are you going to claim charges + statutory interest (8%) which is only applicable once you lay your claim at court, or are you going to follow the "contractual" interest route which you claim upfront in your initial letter and LBA etc ? Both of these interest rates apply from the date of the charge, but are claimed at different points.

However if you are calculating interest charged by Crap1 against unlawful charges, this is different. On Crap1 credit cards (as with all others) it is difficult because those parts of the interest are not separately specified. The amounts are also usually very small for the effort in calculating them. However some of the spread sheets in the libraries can assist you. The amount obviously varies depending on what payments you were making in etc.

Hopefully you are not confused - if you are you need to clarify what you are trying to calculate for your claim :D

There is no such thing as impossible; only the degree of difficulty required to achieve the desired outcome.

Read through the

FAQ Section.... Use these links :grin:

Like what I say show - add to my reputation (click the scales!)

My advice & opinions are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

Halicrap - Full settlement 12/06 £408.34

Crapitol 1 - Settled in Full 27/04/07 £15808-)

All & Pester - Claim served £5695 4/09, Stayed

Woolsnitch mortgage accounts - Claim served £2995 4/09, application to strike out 06/09

Lloybles - No CCA, CPR disclosure notices served.