Local Government Ombudsman report - advice needed!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5930 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just found a local solicitor that deals with this kinda thing and does no win no fee etc. I've just emailed them a brief of the problem and what ive done to try and resolve it etc etc so hopefully they will call me tomorrow ive got the council coming in the morning to fix some of the problems but not the ceiling which is typically the bloomin important one.

God help xx if they dont turn up tomorrow as I will be straight down to the solicitors esp as Cheryl is now in hospital with ridiculously high blood pressure and early warning signs of pre-eclampsia.

Shes 36 weeks and has basically been told shes not coming out till that babys born now :(

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all!

Rich44,mate you are doing the correct things.

Keep plodding on and you will get there in the end.

Most people put up with being fobbed off.

However,you just show the council that you are a bit different that the rest of the crowd.

If you have any questions,just ask.

Keep us posted.

Anyway,all the best!

Update

Have contacted just about every solicitor in here and only 1 was interested in helping but they dont do no win no fee but they are happy to try and arrange something payment wise so may go and see what they can suggest.

My partner had been in hospital from Thurs to Mon being monitored for Pre-eclampsia so you can imagine the stress of that. Every night I came home the cow upstairs started her karaoke bar (must have been waiting for me) I videod it everytime and made a DVD for the Asbo team who is working on our case.

Monday night came home with partner and got to communal front door and our lovely bush had the tops all snapped off and its been trashed (again) so she was then in tears and 1st thing we have to do is call police and report criminal damage just what we needed when her blood pressure was already too high.

Today asbo team visited cow upstairs dont know if they had my DVD yet but shortly after they left she was hanging out the window having a conversation with someone shouting down "im not f-ing being told what I can or cant do" and now we have the asbo woman coming round tomorrow.

The thing is im worried about I was really angry when we got home obviously and wrote a nasty email about her to someone else saying if I was alone in a room with her id take a baseball bat to her and used the f word several times. Now ive never ever ever touched anyone (not even in self defense) and the asbo woman has said we have to make sure we dont see her if we come out and shes there we have to go back in etc so i'm a little worried that the email may have been forwarded on I never at any point actually threatened her or anything I just said the above. At the time I didnt go up there or shout at her or anything I just wrote the email venting my spleen which I will tell them is what it was if it has been passed on.

I feel sooooo depressed at the moment i'm on edge, feel soooo down and moody and permanently on the verge of tears because of all this and nothing seems to happen about any of it, I then feel guilty cos I should be really happy and excited about the baby but I just cant because of all of this other stuff going on :(

Hi Rich - have you thought about contacting your local councillor? They are usually very helpful in matters like this. Speaking from personal experience, when a councillor gets involved, council employees start jumping...

Norwich City Council: Contacting your Councillor Full List

Halifax plc

LBA sent 11/01/06

Rec'd fob off letter 21/01/06

Last ditch attempt phone call to avoid court action 07/04/06

Reply rec'd 07/04/06 'On this occasion we are unable to help you'

Claim filed 19/04/06

Claim acknowledged 28/04/06

SETTLED IN FULL 11/05/06

Rich, get the midwife involved. You'll be surprised how high they can make folk jump. If your wife is back at home (hope the pre-ecl has stopped) get her to ask for a home visit & show the MW the damp & ask if she can speak to the council on your behalf. If nothing gets done before baby is born get the Health Visitor who's then assigned to you involved.

Yorkshire Bank £2201.24 - Settled in full

My Abbey £731.34 - Settled in full

Hubby's Abbey £1239.49 - Settled in full

Sorry to see the difficulties you are having, and sorry that I cannot really offer any great experience. My only thoughts are perhaps to seek contact with your local MP. In the meantime I will have a look and see what I can find out.

Thanks Alan our MP Charles Clarke has also tried to get it sorted without much luck there's a legal clinic Thursday afternoons for free legal advice here which his case worker has sent me info on so i'll try to get to one of those asap (not easy with hospital visits etc too)

Thanks Alan our MP Charles Clarke has also tried to get it sorted without much luck there's a legal clinic Thursday afternoons for free legal advice here which his case worker has sent me info on so i'll try to get to one of those asap (not easy with hospital visits etc too)

Don't forget to mention the housing situation has been a contributing factor to the pre-eclampsia. The stress of it all will have played a part in your partners blood pressure. If necessary threaten to sue if she has to have a c-section as a result of her condition.

Thats an interesting angle I hadnt thought of that I will perhaps mention it to the midwife tomorrow to see if she thinks medically theres any merit in that claim before I speak to the legal bod :)

Was most unamused with the hospital today, no beds free in ante-natal area so her and some others have been put on post-natal with all the newborn babies and mothers (same ward different bay with 6 beds to a bay) so doubt she'll be getting any sleep tonight and as its an area they dont use very often the dinner trolley missed them all out and as she's using insulin at the moment it wasnt very helpful, they did give her a voucher for a meal downstairs tho which was very nice lol.

She also had to wait 1 hour for some paracetamol and she's supposed to have her blood pressure checked every 4 hours and has to buzz the nurses to remind them to do it (hey professional?) no tea or coffee has been offered to her either.

compare this to the ante-natal ward where they are geared up to look after pregnant women and she got offered drinks every 2 hours, never missed a meal, the water in the jugs had ice in it seems everything is trying to put mine and her blood pressure through the roof lol well you got to laugh havent you.

apart from the above the hospital have been brilliant esp last week when she went in the first time so mustnt complain too much they were probs just v busy today.

Think I'd have cried lol. I remember being 8 months gone, I was like an elephant & would eat anything that stood still long enough. Then again, that might be their intention.... chasing after the dinner trolley might well start labour off & save them money on induction drugs :eek: Can't imagine how she must feel in this hot weather, I hope you're spoiling her!

I only had 1 occasion during my 2 pregs where my blood pressure went sky high & that was when my hubby decided to replace the kitchen when I was 7.5 months. Midwife said it would have been the stress of all that upset that caused it so I reckon your housing situation could go a long way into explaining things. They still don't know for sure if pre-eclampsia is caused by high blood pressure or vice-versa & I doubt the council would like to get into a battle with you over it. & do get the midwives & health visitor involved, it's a case of who shouts the loudest with the council & they really do have some clout. You'd be better off with the community midwife though rather than the hospital ones... they're far more scary ;)

actually our community midwife is really lovely far less scary than some of the hossy ones but as she's so approachable ill speak to her next time we see her, its her who's running the ante-natal classes so providing we make it to Tuesday with no baby we can speak to her about it.

As for induction drugs not going to be an option at the moment as the baby was only Cephalic for 1 week and is now breech and bum down and because of the diabetes they wont attempt to turn so its looking pretty likely for C-section :(

The food actually worked out for the best as the restaurant downstairs is excellent and you get way more food (think full on restuarant portions rather than miserly hospital catering portions lol) and we only had to pay for mine which they also rang thru as at patient prices for 2 course meal for 2 cost us £4.30 instead of nearly £10 not bad I guess lol.

The only nasty member of staff weve had was the nurse at the GP, midwife called and asked them to take BP as they couldnt get there and to then phone the results to midwife. We got there (having had 15 mins notice that this was what was happening) and forgot the notes and she ripped cheryl to pieces spoke to her like she was an idiot etc to the point I nearly took her out of the room whilst I argued with the old cow. anyway told midwife and trainee midwife about it we see and they went to GP and gave her the telling off of her life.

"You cant talk to someone with BP problems like that, how dare you reduce one of our patients to tears" etc etc very funny as I was going to make a formal complaint but dont think I will now PMSL

• 2 weeks later...

Latest update and its not good.

My partner gave birth on Friday to a baby boy whom we have named William Thomas (see my thread in The Bear Garden)

Anyway I came home from the hospital last night and before I got in the car park I could hear really loud music, so I got in and the empty flat on the top floor had lights on, no problem I thought it'll be a moving in party and then it'll all be sorted.

So I get in and there's a moped parked under the stairs and the communal area stinks of fumes and petrol which is right in front of our front door. The music was so loud that I couldnt hear my own TV without turing it up to a similar volume.

Eventually E Health came round and told him to turn it down by this point the tenant was so drunk he didnt know what planet he was on and just kept telling the guy to "F" off or called him a "C" his friend who claimed to be a DJ told the officer that he was a DJ and knew what noise he could make etc etc after awhile they agreed to turn it off.

I spent most of the night crying, how can I bring my son home to that? It's not just the music its the swearing and everything else that goes with it.

That flat had been empty for 2 weeks and it seems funny that shortly after my complaint to the LGO goes in this guy moves in and get this he's in a 2 bed flat alone, he's an alcoholic, he has mental health issues, for the last xx years he's lived in a hostel and he's never had a home before.

I just cannot believe they can move someone like this is, it's his first day and he's had over 20 complaints about him already I just cannot believe the council can move someone like that it when there are already noise complaints being dealt with, the only reason I can think of is that they have done it on purpose.

The noise pollution officer has offered to write a letter supporting our request to be rehoused stating the area is unsuitable to raise a child and ive just asked our MP for the same and i've written a letter to every single housing association in the area begging them to help us be moved, i've considered shared ownership but I doubt we will get a mortgage as Cheryl is self employed and has no accounts as she's been going less than a year and my credit rating is probably best described as poo at best.

I'm on the verge of going to see my GP for depression, dont get me wrong im chuffed to bits about our baby but I just feel so unhappy all the time and tears are never far away with our housing situation being like this, I know there are people worse off than us but you know what I mean?

we cant do private rent for 2 reasons we have a cat and dog and no one will accept you with pets (some round here actually say no children too) and with Cheryl only on MA at £108 per week for the forseeable I dont think we could find the extra £200 a month odd. not to mention we would have to still pay £300 a month for this place at the same time sadly :(

My parents are foster parents so they have 4 kids right now and live 80 miles away and Cheryls mum is 70 miles away and has MRSA in a wound (see thread in NHS) so cant stay there either.

Ive emailed our MP again and asked for a letter of recommendation and the noise control officer offered to write one for us last night too so hopefully with those 2 and some points from having a baby we might stand a chance.

I've written a seriously desperate sounding begging letter to all the HA in the area so maybe one of those will take pity on us.

Thanks for your reply :)

Guest Mumofthreeboys

Oh Rich, I really feel for you.

I think when you have a little one that depends on you for everything, a litte bit of animal instinct kicks in iykwim!!!!! ;)

Thanks for your thoughts everyone much appreciated little William had a better day today he spent most of yesterday on Cheryls breast and wouldnt sleep but today I managed to get the little tyke to sleep just before lunch so she could enhjoy (if you can) her hossy lunch and then she managed to walk to the shop downstairs.

I'm so proud of her for producing such a beautiful baby, being so brave during all her health problems during the pregnancy and being brave when she found out she had to have a C-Section and then for managing to get up and walk all the way off the ward to the shop and back for ice cream (a great motivator im sure lol) after major surgery. Go her :D (if it was me i'd still be in bed refusing to move whinging hehehehe)

They're both coming home tomorrow wooooooooo!!!!

Oh and I know exactly what you mean MOTB when they were outside last night arguing with E Health I felt like going out there and ripping them both to pieces, but I was very restrained in the end and im not normally a violent person I dont think ive ever really struck out even in self defence

Guest Mumofthreeboys
Thanks for your thoughts everyone much appreciated little William had a better day today he spent most of yesterday on Cheryls breast and wouldnt sleep but today I managed to get the little tyke to sleep just before lunch so she could enhjoy (if you can) her hossy lunch and then she managed to walk to the shop downstairs.

I'm so proud of her for producing such a beautiful baby, being so brave during all her health problems during the pregnancy and being brave when she found out she had to have a C-Section and then for managing to get up and walk all the way off the ward to the shop and back for ice cream (a great motivator im sure lol) after major surgery. Go her :D (if it was me i'd still be in bed refusing to move whinging hehehehe)

They're both coming home tomorrow wooooooooo!!!!

That is a lovely post!!!

Guest Mumofthreeboys

That said, is day three tomorrow?

Just to warn you that's the worst day (milk comes in, baby is fractious, mother spends whole day in tears) - but you'll get through it and they'll be more baby rich44's before you know it :D

Hi,as a local councillor,may I advise you to check out the Local Goverment Ombusman,who can hold all councils to account and have the power to dismiss and sanction councils and councillors,Failing that why dont you go to the press ;) .Andy099

(Aqua ) Data Protection letter sent 14/07/06 :) .

(Woolwich) Preliminary letter sent 21/07/06 ;) .

Thanks Andy, there's a complaint into the LGO in at the moment we got the letter confirming about a week and a bit ago, funnily enough about the time the council would have been told they gave the empty flat to this person whom obviously needs help as he's an alcoholic and has mental issues and has been given a 2 bed flat when there are families in B+B. Now to my cynical mind I suspect it was done on purpose as payback but I cant prove it sadly, i'll keep you all informed as to what the LGO does etc over the next weeks.

MOTB thanks for all your posts of support etc much appreciated.

Yes it's day 3 tomorrow and we'll be glad when the milk does kick in cos the poor little sod isnt getting what he needs right now which is why he's being so damn awkward, poor Cheryl only got 1.5 hours sleep last night as all he wanted to do was suckle, hence why I took him this afternoon and have to admit to feeling a bit proud that I managed to get him to sleep lol ;)

• 2 weeks later...

We have been having on going problems with a fellow tenant in this council block of flats with loud music (sounds like a Karaoke bar upstairs some nights).

We have a 2 week old baby and are understanably rather tired and cheesed off with it.

Anyway the councils ASB team are investigating and I took some camera footage proving it was her making all the noise, some of which was shot in our living room but some I shot of her front door to prove where the music is coming from.

Now apparently she has been told of the content of the video footage I made up and has been to the police and they have told her that she has a strong case to have me prosecuted i'm presuming under invasion of privacy?

At no point can you see into her flat or identify the flat apart from the door number on it, nor has this video been made available to anyone other than the councils ASB team, who have also told me I could be in trouble.

My answer is that had she not been making our lives hell in the first place I wouldnt have been out there and I certainly dont think I should be prosecuted for filming a front door.

Any advice anyone?

hmmm, I don't see why you might be in trouble over it.

If you don't get any replies in here that help I'd suggest visiting your local police and just asking them politely, or failing that visit your local Citizens Advice Bureau.

Sorry i can't help, it sounds absurd though, I guess they maybe assume you were up against her door recording audio, ie, you could be recording what people are saying inside the flat, but I don't know. You can obviously film whatever you want in your own house, as for the hallway outside her flat, you could argue that it's a communal / public place, so you have every right to film there ... just sounds like think you were camped outside their door with the microphone up against the keyhole or something. From what it sounds like, im sure it'll be fine when / if they actually watch the tape and see your not trying to be invasive.

01/08/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - S.A.R sent

24/08/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - Statements Received

31/08/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - 1st Request sent

13/09/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - LBA sent

23/09/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - Offer received £1544 (Thanks but no thanks)

02/10/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - *WON* Full settlement

Thanks guys, i've read thru some of that CCTV stuff before not sure how any of it applies to individuals though.

I was thinking about popping off to the cop shop next week to see what the score is i'm fairly confident that a sensible judge would look at it and say well if you weren't being a right pain in the bum and breaching your tenancy agreement then it wouldnt have happened but you never know :(

Don't listen too much to what I said though, I was just saying what I thought, I don't have anything to back it up or anything, just an opinion.

Good luck though.

01/08/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - S.A.R sent

24/08/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - Statements Received

31/08/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - 1st Request sent

13/09/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - LBA sent

23/09/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - Offer received £1544 (Thanks but no thanks)

02/10/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - *WON* Full settlement