£66 back instantly - just mentioning this group!

billsters
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6233 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I phoned NW today regarding recent charges.

They are the smallest of the fish I have to fry, as my credit card providers are the ones I am going after, but they have charged me £104 this year because the standing order which services my NW loan reached my account late (on the same day the charge was applied, but a few hours late).

I phoned twice and complained by phone but each time I got the "the charge stands in accordance with our terms and conditions" spiel. I argued that the charges were excessive, but they stood firm.

Today, I phoned and said I was prepared to give them the opportunity to refund the charges, otherwise I would be looking to recover excessive charges over the last six years. I casually referred to this forum. Lady disappears for about 30 seconds, then came back and said she would instantly refund £66!

Thank you!

I don't know if it's worth my while going back to 2001 with them, I'll leave it on the to do list and let you know.

I had a similar experience today. I noticed that BT had placed a late payment charge on my account. Well, you can imagine.....

I phoned their help line and told them that even though they weren't a bank, penalty charges are still unlawful and quoted the usual legal stuff. Lo and behold they decide to send me a credit note as "a gesture of goodwill". (Are they sure they arn't a bank?!)

Steven

If this post is helpful, please click the scales