Deeeek vs Natwest

cavensous
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5306 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all!

That's me off and running then taking on the evil empire.... I've only been meaning to do this for about a year and a half, but finally logged out of procrastinatorsRus.com (platinum member) and got my a*** in gear!

Fantastic site this, I'm gonna have plenty of questions for the old hands.

Starting here...

1.sent my SAR to the Gogarburn address, retail reg risk, should it have been sent to Borehamwood?

2. on the same subject is the 40 days they have 40 working or 40 calendar? If it's calendar they're 7 days over if it's working what with Easter etc it's about 10 to go.

Incidentally after reading Fendy's thread about the tatty envelopes I added this to my SAR - "Please ensure this is packaged appropriately to withstand the postal system to avoid any possible disclosure of personal information" at he end of the first paragraph... we shall see...

Right then that's done!

Slainte

Deeeek

She was tall, thin and tarty

and she drove a maserati...

Hi Deeeek

Quick answers to you questions:

1. SAR to Gogarburn address is correct.

2. 40 calendar days from date they received it. If you didn't send it registered, assume two days after posting.

Steven

If this post is helpful, please click the scales

• Haha 1

Great, another new claimant. The more the merrier the way I see it. All the very best, just play the waiting game now. Fendy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

NATWEST BANK CLAIM - £16,100.00 WON

ABBEY BANK - £5500.00 WON

CAPITAL ONE VISA - £1800.00 WON

HUBBYS CAPITAL ONE VISA £2012.00 WON

TOTAL WON TO DATE: £25,400

*************************************************:D :D

NATWEST BANK -CLAIM 2 PRE 6 YEARS- ONGOING

ABBEY BANK -CLAIM 2 PRE 6 YEARS - ONGOING

YORKSHIRE BANK - AT SAR STATUS

HALIFAX CREDIT CARD - AT SAR STATUS

PLENTY MORE TO START LATER.

STRENGTH IS SOMETHING YOU CHOOSE IN LIFE, ITS A CONSCIOUS CHOICE YOU MAKE, YOU ARE NOT BORN WITH IT. YOU LEARN IT.:D :D

STRENGTH, YOURE NOT BORN WITH IT, YOU LEARN IT :confused:DUE TO WHAT LIFE DOES TO YOU. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Folks

not posted until had any news, but story so far - phoned the Gogarburn lot to be told 'oh yes you're right it's been 62! days, we'll get then sorted now for you'.... 10 days later 'oh yes I see you rang we're very busy will sort it out now'....5 days later (2 days ago) 'we've moved to a new building to deal with this as we're snowed under (shame,GIRUY!) I'll call you back' to be fair nice lad called Andy did within 10 mins to say 'dont know why not been sent will bump you to top of pile, should be couple of days' phew...

Today letter turns up from Joyce Tudor apologising and have re-ordered, but no statements yet.

Oh what fun! Highlighter pens poised....

Do you think the fact that they know they've been extremely lacking on the time taken will give me extra leverage for a quicker result, anyone else had this experience?

One more question....the account was originally in my name only then went into a joint acc with the present mrs Deeek, does that complicate things in any way?

Do you think the fact that they know they've been extremely lacking on the time taken will give me extra leverage for a quicker result, anyone else had this experience?

Unfortumately, NatWest and Cobbetts (their solicitors) don't let little things like deadlines spoil their day, even statutory ones - or so it seems

Steven

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability.

Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site

Cheers Steven, been reading your 'Son of' thread with a mixture of interest and bamboozlement if thats a word! Great stuff...

I'm developing an almost pathological hatred for Nastywest which grows by the day, the more of us that get our dosh back and take our business elsewhere the better. Just checked my penalties for this year alone and it's 290 sovs, mainly through them taking dd's a few days early because of bank holiday mondays, grrrrrr!

Deeeek

Hi cavensous

We are following the basic CAG 'plan' but exploring ways to try and make Cobbetts behave

Steven

What intrigues me about the whole Cobblers situation is how does the fact that they go through the whole rigmarole and then invariably settle - cos they've got no choice of course - fit in with N**W***'s responsibility to shareholders...ie what and how are N**W*** paying them? Have they agreed at board level that yeah we know we'll lose but we'll pay you to delay as much as poss to try to put afew off? I cant see how the whole thing isnt an abuse of corporate governance and/or whatever the legal equivalent is...but hey what do I know?

Deeeek

I would agree entirely. In fact I've considered buying some shares so that I can go to the AGM and ask just that question. Problem is you can't buy shares in Nat West becasue they are wholly owned by RBoS.

Steven

Just for peoples info.... rang the two Edinburgh contact no's today to be told that N**W*** have a new dedicated helpline for "charges" matters

08000154212 if there's anyone of a mod persuasion looking in, ta

Deeeek

Hi Cavensous

Did you have any luck when you called the 08000 number? I only ask cos I rang them today and have similar timeline to you. They couldn't tell me anything till Mid July! not even the name of anyone who could help, so I filled in an mcol as they have had their 3 letters. Let us know how you get on.

Yode

Yode v Egg - smashed after 4 weeks

Yode v NatWest battle to the end (mcols issued) waiting retaliation

Sign the petition to the Prime Minister here:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/bankcourts/

Thanks

• 2 years later...

good morning, good afternoon, good evening.....

look at how long it was that I last posted on this!! 2 and a half years!

Anyhoo, over the last year or so I've been a sick man, back trouble, lungs, swine flu, you dont want to know. By all the info I've read I'm well in for a hardship claim. 2700 at hold date, 4031 due now.

Quick question(s)- Where do I contact next? Should I phone or write? Prefer the phone as they always lose correspondence. When I do contact them is it worth doing an Inc and Exp beforehand, or wait till they send a form out in their format? Think that's all, will keep you posted,

thanks in advance

Del

Del

our advice is and always has been - don't contact them by phone, get everything in writing. They have far more places to lose things than you do and somehow anything important agreed on the phone gets lost.

If you have problems finding stuff, buy yourself a ring binder from the stationary shop and keep everything in there