Other half V HSBC

Doz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4000 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi to all you out there claiming against HSBC. I am currently claiming against Lloyds in another thread of which is going at the usual pace that i expected from lloyds.

Anyway...On the 30th of April i decided to get the ball rolling with HSBC by sending them a S.A.R Letter. This account was my gilfriends that she used for having her wages paid into some time ago,i say "was" because the account got closed quite a while back now due to financial difficulties.

We had a loan with HSBC of which we are still paying off through a debt management company. I don't know where we stand with this one as we still have an outstanding balance which as i mentioned before is still being paid through the Debt Management,So if we were successful in claiming back our charges,would these contribute to paying off some of the outstanding balance or is this a sepreate account altogether..?

Advice on this would be greatly appreciated..Thanks.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Doz, and welcome to the wonderful forum that is HSBC :)

Was the loan due to unlawful charges on the account? If so I believe you would also be able to claim the loan interest you have paid on this loan. If it wasn't for the charges, you wouldn't have the loan.

Ideally the reclaim of charges would repay the loan and also you might be able to reclaim the loan interest paid on the loan. This is what I did for my husband, we successfully reclaimed his charges and his loan interest and paid off the loan.

Was the loan a "managed loan??

REFUNDED

Hubbys - HSBC £4,165 paid 18/8 after MCOL issued :)

HSBC - £651 paid 18/8 after MCOL issued :)

HSBC - £147 Prel 7/8, LBA 21/8, MCOL 6/9 £241

Hubby Halifax - Prel 29/7 £215, LBA 21/8, Offer rec. £110 22/8, MCOL 6/9 £298

Abbey - £2758 - Prel 26/6, LBA 10/7 - MCOL 26/7 £3,391, offer 25/8 £1,755.94, paid £3567.32 after Case manag hearing

Barclays - £675 Prel7/8, LBA 21/8, offer received £300 MCOL 6/9 £998 - Paid £1,012 before going to Court

Hi Tigs and thanks for the welcome.:)

In answer to your question i don't think (not sure) if the loan was due to unlawful charges, we took out an extra loan which was for other reasons but not to clear any charges on the account i don't think. Untill i get my statements and browse through them i can't be specific, but i do remember signing some paperwork which meant that the interest would be wiped off from the loan (about £4000 in interest if i remember correctly) and the outstanding balance is now being paid through Debt Management.

I also recall something about a Managed loan which i think was what the paperwork we signed was. I'ts all a bit hazy at the moment as i am fully concentrating on my other claim with Lloyds and have so much info aimlessly floating around my head. :confused:

You seem as though you have had quite some experience with all of this so would i be able pick your brains at some stage if i get stuck..?

Oh...thanks for you reply too!...all info is greatly appreciated.;)

Yes of course you can pick my brains :) as the others have said as well there are a lot of knowledgeable people on there and some excellent threads to read.

REFUNDED

Abbey - £2758 - Prel 26/6, LBA 10/7 - MCOL 26/7 £3,391, offer 25/8 £1,755.94, paid £3567.32 after Case manag hearing

Barclays - £675 Prel7/8, LBA 21/8, offer received £300 MCOL 6/9 £998 - Paid £1,012 before going to Court

"Silence of the Lambs" springs to mind:eek: :o :o :o :o lol

luckily we are only "conversing" over the internet !!!!! lol :D

REFUNDED

Quick update...19 days now since i sent a S.A.R to HSBC but still no statements yet..Iv'e checked royal mails web site and it's been signed for so no probs there..Guess i'll just have to wait for a while longer.!

Never the less i have 2 other claims in the progress at present so i have plently to keep me occupied for now. Just reaching MCOL stage with lloyds and after yesterdays events i'm a little more nervous than normal but hopefully that will go according to plan, fingers crossed..:)

• 2 weeks later...

It is 40 calendar days not working days. Try sending a polite reminder to them, informing them that they have until xx.xx.07 to comply. Attach a copy of your original SAR with it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

also - as they are so very busy with these requests - sometimes a polite chit chat at your branch can work wonders - along the lines of - you know this business of reclaiming bank charges - well i sent my subject access request in ages ago and haven't heard a bean - anything you might be able to do to gee them along? i've heard time and again - where they say - sure and you get it within a couple of days - you get them on a really slow day - they could even run off copies of your statements for you then and there - it's happened! so try the softly, softly approach - then this is your trump card.Data Protection Act - Non-Compliance - Template Letters

It's now been 39 days (including 2 bank holidays) since sending a S.A.R to HSBC and still no statements as of yet! I got my other half to give them a call a few days ago as it is her account i am claiming back for just to check on their progress and the guy she spoke to said they have 40 working days to produce the statements which i know was wrong it's 40 calander days but my girlfriend was'nt aware of this at the time so she did'nt argue this!

So..do i now give them untill tomorrow before sending a non compliance letter or do i give them the 2 bank holidays to see if anything drops through my door?

HSBC are the only ones of all the requests i have made that have left it this long to comply. The account has been closed for at least 18 months now so im wondering if they are trying to pull a fast one, i don't know?

Could really do without the hastle of chasing this one up as i have 2 other claims pending, but if i have to then i will.!!

Any thoughts apreciated.

yes, and then i'd ask very politely at your branch - as they can often hurry it up for you - tell them - politely, that you will be following it up shortly with a claim for non-compliance with a subject access request and you were hoping it was just a clerical thing and maybe they could help push it along. it does work. not a phone call - a trip in and yes, it is 40 calendar days and yes, they are very busy and yes, even a closed account - they have to cough up with what they have. shouldn't be much longer - try the branch approach.

Some sound advice lateralus, thankyou.

I will be near my local branch tomorrow as the car needs an MOT:( (more expense!) so i will pop in then and ask the question. Lets hope this gives them a size 9 up the backside and they get it sorted!

Thanks again lateralus.;)

Right...42 days now and still no statements!! Never had a chance to go into the local branch over the last few days as i have been busy but we will make a definate trip down there tomorrow (armed with a non compliance letter) to see if they can sort this out. If i dont get the response i'm looking for then i will hand the non compliance letter over to them personaly giving them seven days to get their asses in gear or i will see them in court!!

I'm hoping this will do the trick and i will post again tomorrow to let everyone know the outcome.

I have recieved a letter from HSBC dated 7 June 07 and it reads:

Dear *********

Thank you for your request with regard to information about transactions and charges/fees on your account.

We will forward to you copies of statements covering the period in question. These will begin to arrive in seperate batches and will be with you shortly.

We are happy to waive any fees for the production of this information and in order to protect your security, we have destroyed the cheque you sent on bank premises.

Although many of our systems are automated, a "manual intervention" by HSBC staff may be required in a variety of situations including; account opening, dealing with correspondence or telephone calls, when deposits or withdrawals are made over the counter at our branches and from time to time during account administration.

If you require more information, please let us know.

Yours sincerely

Angela C Harris

Centre Manager

So i'm going to get them in dribs and drabs then but it has'nt cost me a tenna!

Bearing in mind i recieved this letter after 42 days of requesting them and up to now it has been 45 days.!!

A delaying tactic maybe..?

Hello again. Right..some good & bad news, After a long wait most of my statements arrived this morning (12th June) but they only date back to 28th April 2002 so by my reckoning they still have to send me 9-10 months of statements which may come in the next few days as they sent me a letter saying they would come in batches.....we will see what happens???!!

So after looking though the earlier statements i have noticed they don't actually tell you what the charges are for?? It just says (total charges) and then ammount. How would i go about listing these charges in the spreadsheet, would it matter if i just put charge as i don't know what they are for?

There is also a charge of £10 for a stopped cheque, can i claim this.?

If you are claiming on a personal account then you just need to put down "total charges". these charges actually are for you going over your agreed overdraft limit or going overdrawn when no overdraft facility is in place. At the moment they are charging £25 per day.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

As for your stopped cheque, if you requested them to stop a cheque then unfortunately you cannot claim this charge back.

Hi jowalshy and thanks for your reply.

I didn't think i could claim for a stopped cheque but i thought i'd check anyway.

We are claiming for a personal current account so i just put "charge" and then the date of offence.

Thankyou for the advice.;)

I would put exactly what it says on your statement.