knox vs BoS (2nd Claim) [FOS]

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6113 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Write back to FOS telling them you have recieved no money. Is the account the charges are related to still open? have you checked that specific account? I've heard of banks depositing the charges back in the account they were taken from even if the account is closed. You could always phone RBS and ask them where the money is.

[COLOR=blue][B]Defaultless since 2012 :)[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=green][/COLOR]

Correct!

They seem to be doing that!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

You should still be able to get it, my bro had charges refunded to a closed account and went into a branch with ID and after much confusion eventually managed to get them to pay it out.

FOS got back in touch, after a bit of confusion over what interest we were seeking they will approach the bank for the full amount and 8% interest and get back to us in the next week.

They say that the bank cannot re-open closed accounts.

I have sent back my refusal letter to the bank.

Dear Sir,

I write in response to your letter dated 27th June regarding my complaint about The Governor and Company of the Bank of Scotland trading as the Bank Of Scotland.

The bank made a settlement offer of £3199. In my original complaint to you I enclosed a schedule of charges totaling £4643. As a result I find their offer of £3199 unsatisfactory and would like you to continue proceedings to recover the full amount of £4643.

I have enclosed the schedule of charges again.

Thank you for all your help so far. I have found the FOS to be most helpful .

Yours faithfully,

A bit more waiting but will be worth it.

absolutely, they are sneeky because the amount they offer is tempting to accept but like you said for a few more weeks waiting, it's well worth it. :)

ICO are sending batches of complaints to individual banks at the end of each month.

Suggested that the bank has 28 days in which to respond.

If they don't, then they will pick up (my) (anyone's) particular case!

(ICO takes about 14 days to acknowledge complaint.)

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Hi

I have all my statements and think i am owed about £1500- I am confused about whether it is best to go through small claims (and risk only one claim of £750)- summary clause (i might loose) or FOS- can anyone advise and point me to links with details of FOS and how to proceed

Thanks

would definitely recommend FOS as a starting point. A lot less hassle than Court and there seems to be less opportunities for the banks to delay things by putting in defences etc plus if FOS do somehow rule against you, you still have the option to go to court however if you go to court first, their ruling is final so you wouldn't be able to go to FOS. I wish I had known about FOS from the start tbh.

• 3 weeks later...

We are in FOS limbo to, refused RBOS offer which included a quarter of the interest.

Aparently it is now with the adjudicator, may write direct to the bank and see if we can prod them on to a full offer.

I was claiming about £6,500 from A&L and got an offer from them via FOS for £4770. Chickened out and accepted the offer, as too much money for me not to accept. Told FOS it's still below the amount they've taken from me in charges so hopefully they might ask A&L to cough up the difference too.

Sent off the acceptence on 11th July, but still no money in the bank :(

• 3 weeks later...

I have just found this thread and think it might be better than the last one because I am in Scotland too. I have been claiming just under £3,000 from the Halifax (first of all going straight to them, but when I could not even get my statements, I went to the FOS, I eventually go my statements and a while (just before the test case started £1120 was paid directly into my bank account)two days later I got an offer from the Halifax offering me £1120 as full and final settlement but it was in no way an admission of guilt as they felt that my charges were fair and appropriate. It was a gesture of goodwill as they said I was a good customer and they wanted to keep my custom. I wrote back and rejected their offer, I told them that the money would be left in my cheque account for the next seven days for them to take it out, if it was not removed by that time I would remove it to another account. The just ignored this letter and I have moved the money to another account. The FOS wrote to me on Friday and told me the position with the test case and asked me if the Halifax had not settled did I want them to persue the case once the test case had finished and I said yes, I had to sign a form.

The Halifax have not written to me again asking for the money back yet but I'm sure they will, I really see no need to return it as I think they made it plain they were not refunding charges.

Has anyone any views?

• 4 weeks later...

I decided I didn't want to wait for the test case to be sorted out so I wrote back to HBOS stating that although I had previously declined their offer of settlement, I had changed my mind and would now be willing to settle for their offer of £2993. I wasn't sure they'd go for it given the test case and all their new stalling tactics but amazingly on 30th Aug £2993 was credited to my account! w00t. Sadly all of it but £425 went to paying off debt I had with them. Still nice to get it back. Now onto getting them to remove my defaults!