The Logic Group aka EOS S

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6207 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does anyone know anything about this lot? I've making debt repayments to Logic for quite a long time when suddenly the direct debit started being paid to EOS S (but with the same account reference number) and their tactics changed - i.e. from being quite polite and reasonable in accepting my repayment ofers, they rang me out of the blue to demand an increase to the payments I am making.

Needless to say, I refused to deal with them on the phone, wrote (to Logic) and complained about bully-boy tactics and told them not to phone me again or it would be deemed harassment and reported as such.

I can't seem to find much out about them though and was hoping someone else might have had some dealings with them.

[COLOR=magenta][COLOR=purple]Moorcroft DCA - CCA Requests (x2) sent 06/01/2007, 1 x CCA supplied and payments being made, one account passed back to Royal Bank of Scotland. Regal Credit demanded immediate payment in Nov 07, sent away with a flea in their ear as RBS is in breach of CCA.[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=magenta][COLOR=seagreen]Anonymous postcard from FCM Jan 08 can only be connected to this RBS farce![/COLOR] [/COLOR][COLOR=magenta]Meritforce reported to TS, ICO, FOS and Ofcom April 07 for harassment and breaches of Data Protection Act over a debt that was paid more than a year ago! dec 07 ICO finally agree that DPA was breached but say that the law does not allow them to take any action![/COLOR] [COLOR=royalblue]Roxburghe DCA - CCA Request sent 06/01/2007, Unable to comply letter received 14/01/07.[/COLOR]

If you look up Logic Group on the internet you will come across this potted

history-http://www.logicgroupplc.com/Company_Home.html

And if you check EOS under the ICO's website for data controllers, you will

find an amazing number of companies listed.

As they are staring to pi*** you off, get your own back and send them a

CCA request. At the very least it will stop them even writing to you chasing

after the debt until they have complied with your request.

And it should let them know that you are not to be messed with.

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone know anything about this lot? I've making debt repayments to Logic for quite a long time when suddenly the direct debit started being paid to EOS S (but with the same account reference number) and their tactics changed - i.e. from being quite polite and reasonable in accepting my repayment ofers, they rang me out of the blue to demand an increase to the payments I am making.

Needless to say, I refused to deal with them on the phone, wrote (to Logic) and complained about bully-boy tactics and told them not to phone me again or it would be deemed harassment and reported as such.

I can't seem to find much out about them though and was hoping someone else might have had some dealings with them.

Hi

I am having hell with logic group/eos solutions/downland debt recovery

Like you I have been paying a debt for over a year and I had a letter from downland stating what my debt was. I totalled up what I had paid and it appeared to be more so I wrote to downland/eos and told them I believed I had paid the debt and therefore I was stopping the satnding order BUT that if they thought I owed more then to write to me with a full breakdown of the original debt, amount supposedly outstanding and amounts they thought i had paid.

They sent me a basic letter saying I owed them another £70. My husband said that he would pay the £70.00 on 18th may and then we would dispute it as all the stress was upsetting me. He paid it on the 18th like he said and the next day I recieved a court summons and they had added on £70 costs. I rang eos/whoever in tears because I read on the summons that the money should have been paid before the summons was issued to avoid paying the costs and getting a ccj. I didn't recieve the letter from eos until 13th may, paid on 18th may which was hubbys next payday and recieved summons on 19th may. The lady on the phone started shouting at me and said it was my fault i stopped the s/o. I said to her to stop shouting and she said she wasn't going to explain it all to me again because her colleague had told me yesterday that I would need to pay the costs on top to avoid a ccj, even though i explained that the amount had been paid just the day before i recd the summons!

I really don't know what to do, oh and the horrible cow i spoke to is called jenny!

charmaine,

You need to send them a CCA request. Without a copy of the agreement they cannot successfully get a CCJ. Also put at the top of the CCA request THIS ACCOUNT IS NOW IN DISPUTE.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

These people ring me everyday dont give out my name and DOB over the phone so cant continue. They bought a credit card debt of mine for peanuts off a large bank (what has no CCA) and which apparently give them the right to harrass me.

It certainly does not give them the right to harrass you. No one has this right. Send them this letter by recorded delivery http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/37006-harassment-telephone-response-letter.html

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

thanks for the advice everyone BUT have found out today by speaking to my bank that I have actually overpaid just like I thought I had, so their court stuff shouldn't happen I hope?

I am waiting for them to refund me and then I am going to put in a complaint to trading standards or whoever it is that takes complaints like mine!

They seriously stressed me out and there is no need to treat anyone like they have treated me whether I owed money or not!

Charmaine I have posted on your other thread who to complain to.

These people ring me everyday dont give out my name and DOB over the phone so cant continue. They bought a credit card debt of mine for peanuts off a large bank (what has no CCA) and which apparently give them the right to harrass me.

good idea, never thought of refusing to give my name etc, do they hang up on you then?

never thought of refusing to give my name etc, do they hang up on you then?

They have to or they will be in breach of The Data Protection Act 1998.

• 2 weeks later...

My friend used to work for this company so I will try and find out some info for you.

I hate the way the banks/catalogues who have these 'good' reputations are allowed to pass their debt onto lowlife DCAs who have little respect for anyone or anything.

They try and confuse us with loads of different names for the same company and then if they don't get any joy with one company, they will just continue to pass it around like a hot potato until you finally cave in! :-x

Don't let them grind you down. Just keep talking to ppl on here, this is the best site I eva found, i feel more in control than ever.

:) :) :)

Take care.

I'll subscribe to your thread!

Oh and deffo follow the advice of rory32 and cca them, there are loads of good posts in the general debt section that will advise you on how to do this and what to expect... (i must warn you though that they are quite lengthy!)

I'm going through the process now and if you do your reading etc it will deffo pay off!

Right apparently they are exactly the same company as before, all they have done is changed their name! Same office etc....