Removal of default notices on credit record?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2946 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a default is marked at 8 and the status history is the number of months you are behind with a payment, the lastest being in brackets. I think this is correct.

I think option 2 is your best bet - you can link the two factors together, although your charges are quite low in relation to the amount you owed on your card. There are lots of posts around with people doing it this way - have a good read and try looking on capital one forum there are many on there. See what others think though who are more experienced than me.

• 2 weeks later...

Linz, are you still trying to get default removed for next or have you given up, there are a few of us now trying so lets hope one of us will have a breakthrough. Not one person though seems to have received a copy of their CCA or default notice, just notice to say they will be defaulted and not that they have been. Would be really interested to see what stage you got to with them.

Yep, don't give up linz, there are some good threads in legalities at the moment in the default bit regarding Next, I think we should all keep at it, I am going to definately send my first letter Tuesday, I know the response I will get, I also want to determine my old T&Cs in regard to processing old data. Mine has not been updated for a year, no record of my payment or anything - in which case if my T&Cs state that I have not given my consent for them to carry on processing data on my account (which to me must be the case as it has not been done) then maybe they have no legal right to hold default on historic account, so terms and conditions v.important.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Patsy, do you have charges to claim back on your Capital One account. If you do, apply for default removal at the same time, they seem to be regularly removing default notices now when they are attached to a claim for charges.

• 2 months later...

Have you cashed the cheque? and do they owe you any more money? Both O/H and I got our defaults removed and I even managed to get the late markers removed. I would just carry on with court action, Botsy on cap one forum asked for default removal and they refused like they have with you, yesterday he posted to say they have now removed default - 2 weeks before his case was going to court.

Hi katscash, ok well if you have cashed the cheque we can't go down the road of sending it back. If it were me I would send another letter. Have you looked at Smel and Tanzarelli's threads in the Capital One forum, they would be extremely helpful to you, Tanz has some great letters posted up there which I am sure would be of use to you.;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Botsy, the status left on your account is still very damaging, I managed to get my late markers removed so keep at them, especially if you asked for negative info to be removed in your POC. Without incurring their charges you may well not have been so behind with payments so there is a link there. I would have thought that the number 9 is the number of months you were behind with payments but could be wrong.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2946 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks