amsjks05 V HSBC

amsjks
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5882 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I hope this thread is going to the right place....

Am new to the site and have just been my spreadsheet for 6 years of charges from HSBC - amounting to just under £1,400.

Question - when I enter the interest amounts into the advanced spreadsheet, it is not showing any applicable interest on the penalties. Does this mean there is nothing to claim? Will it effect my claim if I do not submit a claim for interest at the first stage? I would be more than happy to get back the 1,400 quid. I find the instructions around the interest calculations quite hard to understand - just too blonde!

Wish me luck!

Hi amsjks, If you were in credit at the time of the bank debiting the interest then the s/s would show zero to claim back. I too found the intererst part a bit daunting so I just waited until court time and claimed the 8%.

• 2 weeks later...

So two weeks have passed and no big fat cheque has landed on my doormat. What a surprise. I did get the standard 'we are looking into it reply' after about 7 days, but nothing since then.

Just printed off my LBA and another copy of the schedule of charges and was ready to send another recorded delivery to Uncle Colin.

However, I have now read through the latest postings regarding the Birmingham case and wonder if I should hold off taking further action until I get a copy of my T&Cs? My account was opened in 1991. Am really hoping someone out there has a copy to share.

Please let me know what I should do.

• 2 weeks later...

So my LBA went out 10 days ago, with no response, so I need to gear myself up for the next step. Could someone be so kind as to help with some guidance?

Is anyone else at this stage as well?

Is it just submitting the claim on the MCOL site?

Is there anything else?

Thanks

Have a look at the MCOL site and if you haven't registered with it, do it now and start preparing to submit (just don't press the submit button until your timeline is up and you are ready to go ahead). Use the templates in the bank templates library to help you complete all the neccessary bits.

If you have any problems, just shout.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

Is there anyone out there who could take a quick look at my s/s of charges. I am submitting my court claim today (by N1) and I am not sure my daily interest rate is computing right.

I have inserted a formula that adds together the charges and 8% interest and then multiplies by 0.00022 this gives me one amount. But the spread sheet automatically adds a different amount each day. I want to be sure I quote the correct daily interest amount.

Also, does it matter that the total charges I am submitting in the claim differs for the amount I have included in my prelim letter and LBA to HSBC? This is caused by additional "notified fees/charges" that have been applied this week.

Cheers

I hope i explained the interest part of your claim ok in the mcol thread.

With regards to the extra charges, yes it is ok you can add them on up to the date you file at court.

:pI'VE CLAIMED MY BARCLAYS CHARGES BACK.:p

£5125.60

Im no expert everything i write is what i learnt from my own experience and reading through other threads. Click my scales if you wish to!:)

• 2 weeks later...

Received the notice of issue from my local court last week. Date of service is 7th June, so HSBC have until June 21st to reply.

I submitted by N1, which means I cannot see when/if HSBC defend in real time, but I assume I just sit tight and await the next letter from the court? That will probably be HSBCs Acknowledgement of Service right?

Let me know if I should be doing anything else at this point? It is worth starting to nudge already?

Rushing to the front door every morning only to find nothing more interesting than a leaflet for pizza delivery on the mat :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

So I have received a copy of HSBCs defence from the court and a letter stating the file has been referred to the District Judge for directions and may possibly be listed for a Preliminary Hearing. They then ask for dates that I would be unable to attend court.

Things have been really hectic for me lately and I haven't got around to doing any nudge letters or staying abreast of what I should do next. Can someone help?

Thanks

Many thanks PD.

One other question - when I submitted my claim, I used the descriptions from my internet banking statements. Amazingly, I have now located my original bank statements (going right back to when I opened the account in 1991!!!) which show more detailed descriptions (i.e. 'Charge Recall S/O-D/D' instead of just 'charge'). Do you think I should update my schedule of charges and submit it to the court and DG?

• 1 month later...

On 10th August, my case was stayed at Tunbridge Wells County Court.

I am really not sure whether there is any pointing submitting an application for removal of stay. From what I can see, the only stays that are being lifted are for people who can prove extreme hardship. I am unable to do so as I have this year finally got my finances in order and have some savings for the first time in my life.

I am so gutted as I received an offer in July for about 1,100 pounds which I rejected, although in hindsight 1,100 pounds now would be nicer than potentially waiting two or three years for this to be resolved.

Any advice greatly received to perk up my spirits.

:?

If your sure you would rather have the money HSBC offered now I think it might be worth a phone call to Uncle Colin's department in Leeds, after all they did make you an offer and they have said they will honour all offers that have been made. The only part they might argue about is the time period they gave you to accept the offer, have to see what they say.

its £1,000 you didnt realise you had until recently so I dont realy blame you,

good luck

pete

• 8 months later...

Long time gone......nice to see familiar names still around on this site.

I have just typed up a letter to the court and DG solicitors to let them know I have moved house since the court stayed my case and should they need to contact me in the near future. No coincidence that it is dated the same day as the announcement re the case. Ha ha!

Good to let them know I haven't given up. :D

Also, nice to check my spreadsheet after such a long time and see that with the interest my chares are nudging 2k - I assume that interest continues to accumulate throughout the stay?

Keeping the faith.......