Irvine V Clydesdale bank

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6184 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone am just starting to print off the dpa letter and send my £10, could someone please tell me if i send it by RD and does it go to the main branch in Glasgow or my local branch?

Also i think i read somewhere i can only go back 5 years here in Scotland is this true or can i go back as long as i like?

Thanks for your help in advance

Anyone know if i just wait till the 40 days, or do i contact them to make sure they have recieved the Data Protection Act, if so has anyone any contact numbers for clydesdale bank in st vincent street, glasgow to ask??

And also when i get the statements how far back can i go to recover the charges??

You mentioned that you sent your DPA letter by recorded delivery so you can check the Royal Mail website to see when they received it. Not sure how far you can claim back with Clydesdale as I understand the Scottish procedure is different. I'm sure somebody with more knowledge in that area will be able to answer that for you.

Sarah.

Yorkshire Bank

Started Process 19th Sept 2006.

All Stages Followed.

Next Step Court!

Hearing Date 7th June 2007.

WON!!!!! 6th June 2007 :D

Frequently Asked Questions

Example Step-By-Step Instructions

Can any help me here i've just checked on line with the Royal mail and phoned them to track my recorded delivery of the DPA, but they say it has not been delivered as of yet it was way back on the 5th May 2007, she said something about cause it might be a bulk mail it takes a wee while for them to recieve receipt of it.

Has anyone got any numbers for the Clydesdale bank i can call to check they have recieved my DPA and £10 ??

Am having problems even at sending a letter stage great!!!!!

Cheers Ross

A bulk mail :confused: I can't believe that it hasn't been delivered yet. Did you send the £10 as a cheque? If yes has it been cashed?. I'm not sure what advice to give to you here but you really should push Royal Mail for an answer as to why it's taken them this long to deliver this letter and more to the point where the hell is your letter :mad:

I guess that you will have to send another DPA letter if Royal Mail fail to find it.

Sorry that you are having such bad luck with this at such an early stage.

Sarah.

Yorkshire Bank

All Stages Followed.

Next Step Court!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone sorry i've another question to ask, the royal mail can't help me with the rd slip saying it looks like it has't been delivered:mad:.

The cheque for the £10 has been cashed can i take my 40 days from the day they cashed the chq?. Would anyone have any phone numbers i can phone to check what's happening, would they send me a letter saying they are dealing with my case or not??.

Thankyou in advance

Ross

I'd say that you should now take the 40 days from when the cheque was cashed. They should send you a letter saying that they are dealing with your request and that it might take them longer than 40 days :rolleyes: I'm not sure if there's a number floating around this site that you could call to ask how long it will be.

Sarah.

Yorkshire Bank

All Stages Followed.

Next Step Court!

I'd say that you should now take the 40 days from when the cheque was cashed. They should send you a letter saying that they are dealing with your request and that it might take them longer than 40 days :rolleyes: I'm not sure if there's a number floating around this site that you could call to ask how long it will be.

Sarah.

Please read the stickies to this section.

I am in the same position. My 40 days have now expired. My cheque was cashed a month after it was sent. I would say that they are trying to use this in their favour but it is up to them to cash the cheque as soon as it is received. Therefore I feel that the 40 days is from when they receive your letter.

I have emailed Wendy Melvin asking her to look into this for me after which I will inform the Information Commissioner with details of their non-compliance.

Don't let the fatherless chillen get ya! :grin:

Barclays - settled in full £4799.38 ;)

I have read the stickies but the problem arises when you have no proof that they recieved it on a specific date as Royal Mail have lost proof of delivery or just lost the letter. :confused: I'm sorry if you feel that the information I have given is wrong.

Yorkshire Bank

All Stages Followed.

Next Step Court!

No problem, the information will be given out eventually. Don't forget that court proceeding take months to process. Also, every day that they delay adds on more interest which is included as part of the final settlement.

Yes I do. Her email address is there as well. It is a sticky to this section.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/yorkshire-bank-clydesdale-bank/85275-yb-exceeding-40-days.html

I rang it and was told she was not available. I was then given some direct numbers to the Clydesdale Bank complaints dept.

0141 242 4287, or 4143, or 4137 These numbers were all engaged also. Just keep on trying.

They must be getting a lot of calls to make all these numbers constantly engaged. I wonder why.

You could also send Wendy Melvin an email with your query on it. I did this and have not received a reply yet. She must be inundated with contacts and probably doesn't have time to respond to them all.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok People my forty days are up, my rd slip from the royal mail says it's still noty delivered but the chq has been cashed, what do i do now send another letter or phone them any help would be appreciated pleae

Thankyou Ross:)