Fred Bassett v Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3427 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Fred!! ... they are offering to give you 40% of your own money back, seems fair enough to me:rolleyes:

I love these offers when they come through.

You know they're screwed, they know they're screwed and they're more or less admitting it.:D

david

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fred!! ... they are offering to give you 40% of your own money back, seems fair enough to me:rolleyes:

I love these offers when they come through.

You know they're screwed, they know they're screwed and they're more or less admitting it.:D

david

That's a good point David, I might write and suggest that I will accept their offer if they increase it to 140%. Without prejudice of course.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

loving this thread!

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

Yup, great thread here!

Being chased by Wesnot via Halifax, CCA's them well over the 12+2 days, with proof of delivery. Nothing heard until today when I received a Short Settlement Offer of 75%!

They haven't acknowledged receipt of my CCA request - how should I respond, maybe with an S10 or is there a different reply (given this 75% offer).

Thanks

Lapchien

Eyes opened and back in control of my life thanks to this site x

Had a text message from the Halifax today asking me to ring them. The number they gave was for Blair Oliver and Scott, so it looks like I've got them back on my case now.

Ironic really, because of all the people I deal with, it was the Halifax and Blair Oliver Scott in particular who drove me to this site. If it weren't for them I would probably still be in my DMP and paying them. They got greedy though, trying to get blood from a stone and this is the result.

One day, when I can afford it, I will make them a full and final offer and get this thing settled, for now though, they can whistle unless they come up with a properly-executed agreement.

Regards to all.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I'm building up a nice little collection of these letters from IQOR.

IQOR080409.jpg

Hi Fred or anyone on this thread have any idea if a Halifax card taken out late in 2005 is likely to be enforceable or unenforceable?

Hi Brighteyes,

The best thing to do is to CCA them then post up what you get back for people to have a look.

Regards.

Fred

• 2 weeks later...

Fred

Brilliant, just brilliant. got my first text message from Blair, Oliver and Scott today and was feeling down and thinking of passing it on to one of those websites that deal with kind of thing. You give me hope.

Tosh1

subb

Check out the threads below for updates on the DCA's that I am dealing with.

GE Money/CL Finance/Howard Cohen & Co - AND - Aktiv Kapital/Appleton Massey Solicitors - IN COURT

Cabot x 2 for Vanquis & Hitatchi - DEFAULTED ON CCA REQUEST

Lowell for Capital One - CANCELLED DEBT!! Trying to get Default removed now

Moorcroft x 2 for Halifax Loan & Bank Account - RETURNED TO HALIFAX

Wescot for Halifax Bank Account - RETURNED TO HALIFAX

Cap Quest for Argos Card - RETURNED TO ARGOS

Fred

This thread is excellent giving me hope with my Halifax CC account problems.

So far I have had Halifax, Blind, Orrible & Stupid & now Robbers Way who are about to discover that I am bemused :)

Well Done

ska

Good on yer SKA, I'll nip over and have a look at your thread later on. As well as this, I've still got a complaint outstanding with the ICO relating to Halifax.

Regards.

Fred

If it's got down to Robbers Way, you know their in trouble.

David

Mine got as far as Rob way, they were dispatched with one letter...its now back with BOS, who say they are right, i have no dispute...i havent bothered replying to their latest rambling letter:rolleyes:

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

• 3 weeks later...
Yup, great thread here!

Being chased by Wesnot via Halifax, CCA's them well over the 12+2 days, with proof of delivery. Nothing heard until today when I received a Short Settlement Offer of 75%!

They haven't acknowledged receipt of my CCA request - how should I respond, maybe with an S10 or is there a different reply (given this 75% offer).

Thanks

Lapchien

Update - Halifax did the same as have read on here quite a few times - sent a standard t+c with a photocopy agreement, just a word doc that they added my name and address to. Odd how they have the 'new' penalty scheme in it, given that it was taken out years ago! So I sent them a 'is now in default of my cca request' letter, and they responded with... A letter from IQor and a phone call - have sent IQor a bemused letter and a telephone harrassment letter.

Surely Halifax can't pass the debt on to a different DCA when it's in dispute? Is it worth complaining to the OFT?

Edited by Lapchien66
typo

Eyes opened and back in control of my life thanks to this site x

• 4 weeks later...

Excellent thread Fred:D

I think your template letter has to be my all time favourite of anything I've seen on here, and I do hope you don't mind if I nick the idea for a few of our accounts that have reached an impass:)

I'm in the same boat (well OH is but I get all the fun of dealing with it) with two BOS accounts. Been through BlairOS, Robby Way, Iqor (they are fun to play with:D) and Moorcroft so far. All seen off sharpish:D

Wishing you luck with carrying on!

Lexis:)

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

Excellent thread Fred:D

I think your template letter has to be my all time favourite of anything I've seen on here, and I do hope you don't mind if I nick the idea for a few of our accounts that have reached an impass:)

You're welcome Lexis, template away!

Regards.

Fred

Fred you are an absolute star!

I currently have my own ongoing war with the Halifax

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/187181-halifax-final-decision-letter.html

I have received the same application form as you. The amount owing on mine is £5700 and after many complaints to Halifax customer relations dept, they kept stating that the credit agreement they sent me is enforceable and I should pay up or face court action.

At one point I was even considering making them a payment offer until some helpful posters on here convinced me otherwise.

Thanks for this thread, as it gives me an idea of what is to come.

• 2 months later...

Wescot070909.jpg

Wescot Credit Services Ltd.

PO Box 137

Hull

HU2 8HF

10th September 2009

Dear Sirs,

CLIENT REFERENCE: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for your letter dated 7th September 2009.

I refer to your letter dated 19th January 2009 from xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxx. In this she stated that “I can advise our client has withdrawn your account from Wescot’s system, therefore you should not receive any further complaints from Wescot with regard to this debt.” This letter carried the Wescot reference xxxxxxxxxx. This will give you all the clues you need as to why “Despite multiple attempts to contact you at the above address, you have not made satisfactory efforts to agree a plan to repay the above balance.”

Was this a lie or just further proof, if any were needed, of your gross incompetence? I am quite prepared to believe either version.

As previously indicated, this account is in serious dispute with HBOS owing to their failure to provide me with a true copy of the properly-executed credit agreement. I suggest therefore that you return this account to HBOS.

I will also take this opportunity to remind you that I will not deal with this matter in any other way than in writing, so I will not be ringing you, nor will I accept telephone calls from you. Furthermore, I expressly forbid you to visit my property.

Your faithfully,

Fred Bassett

Hello Fred

Meanwhile back at Halifax.

'What are we going to do now he's told IGOR to b*gger orf'.

'Take him to court!!!'

'Err.. we would lose'

'Well then send it to Westcot!!!'

'Errr.......we did that, he told them to b*gger orf as well.'

'Then just use your initiative!!!'

'duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh'

David

Hello Fred

Meanwhile back at Halifax.

'What are we going to do now he's told IGOR to b*gger orf'.

'Take him to court!!!'

'Err.. we would lose'

'Well then send it to Westcot!!!'

'Errr.......we did that, he told them to b*gger orf as well.'

'Then just use your initiative!!!'

'duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh'

David

Tat's about the size of it David. I wonder who'll get it after Wescot. Moorcroft or IQOR again?. Maybe they'll try somebody new this time as I'm getting bored with this merrygoround.

Regards.

Fred

Hi Fred

Have the Halifax been charging you repayment cover. If so is that ppi claimable.

Tosh1

Hi Tosh, no they haven't.

Regards.

Fred