Ombudsman Advice!!!!????-Beware.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6243 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ombudsman Advice!!!!????:? :? :?

Hi, Got a few threads, some of which still awaiting advice, however last week something happened which concerned me a lot.

My sister in law is going through the same process with her bank, she has gone through the ombudsman as opposed to the court route I and my wife have taken, she has been advised by the ombudsman representetive to "accept" the offer from her bank (£2000 on a £3500 claim) as if she doesnt the court will look unfavourably on her not "negotiating" with the defendant so to speak, OK first red flag - we turned our offer down from Natwest and are due in court 22nd May- second red flag , why is the ombudsman giving this advice? and finally, my wife is now taking a second claim via the ombudsman as opposed to the court route - and has said because of her sisters advice she will accept the first offer from Nat west!!!

This cannot be good news if the ombudsman is giving this advice

sg51bmw

I wonder why the ombudsman thinks he can second guess what a Judge might make of the case?

Your sister in law has negotiated.

She's worked out what she is owed, told the bank she wants it back, given the bank an opportunity to settle without legal action and rejected the banks opening offer in the knowledge that they will cave in before there is even the slightest possibility of being dragged in front of Judge.

Dont forget, the ombudsmans decision is binding on the banks, but you are free to accept it or reject it.

The judge will make a judicial decision based on the the Law and the merits of your case. The fact you havent been able to come to an amicable agreement is the reason you have had to ask a judge to decide.

The Financial Ombudsman Service is funded by the Banks.

HM Courts Service-isnt.

The F.O as said above is financed by the banks. So you don't cut the hand off that is feeding you. I have my own experience with the FO and we were awarded a substantial sum of money by an ajudicator. Which is the first level. The bank appealed and surprise, surprise an ombusman went with the bank. We were told that we could persue our case through the courts. 3years ago, who was going to take a high street bank to court ? Don't except that advice and start your claim yourself.

Good luck.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.