mumof4by1996 v Lloyds

mumof4by1996
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6191 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In January i had a £300 pound overdraft with lloyds, but at the end of January a had a letter saying that as i had not replied to a leter(not recieved) lloyds had removed it. Since then i Have had the bog standard letter saying that i had not broken any agreements with them, etc using this letter against them can i argue that in this case they should not have removed my overdraft? I have tried several times to get it reinstated, through several ways but have been told that there is a message on my account blocking any lending or borrowing for a minimum of 6 months

Unfortunately, overdrafts are repayable on demand so the banks can withdraw the facility at any time even if you havent breached any of the terms.

All comments are my personal views - if in doubt then seek professional advice. If you think i've helped then please tip my scales.

• 2 weeks later...

after being refused initially by lloyds, i then sent a second letter giving them 14 days to reply positively, that deadline has expired so my next step is to claim thruogh moneyclaims, but when i looked on the cheque list i didnt know half of the points that i need to proceed properly, i.e. the date the account was opened, will the book by P.P. tell me how to find them and what they actually mean?

Just estimate when you account was opened, not very important.

Any other questions just post up here. Book by PP not really that relevant.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

Surely you could just ask your branch what date your account was opened.

:rolleyes:

If I have been helpful, PLEASE click the scales

You may receive differing advice as people have had different experiences. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I offer is done so informally, without prejudice & without liability.

I WON !!!!

HERE WE GO AGAIN .... BRING IT ON

:D

the schedule i sent to the bank was for bank charges +interest for 4 years +9 months but i did state that i would go for the full 6 years if they did not respond, i was not aware that you could claim the interest that they took from you as well, if it gets to court can i add these aswell?

Guest Mumofthreeboys

You can reclaim a proportion of the interest they have charged you and for this you will need to use the Advanced Spreadsheet.

Yes, you can add it in when you come to file your claim.

• 1 month later...

Do not be concerned about a few pounds, too trivial to amend.

Just to check, are you claiming the OD interest per your statements? If yes you should not be. If just the portion of interest that relates to the charges then fine. People get very confused about this.

Ive been charging what has been on my statements because most of my statements from Lloyds are are just a list of charges anyway and you cant tell which relate and which dont . So what do I do now?

You cannot claim for the majority of this, how much does the interest take from your statements amount to and how much is your overall claim for?

Hi

You would have had to use one of the Advanced spreadsheets in the library, it's quite complicated to work out. Anyway as the always helpful GuidoT has said, there is no need to worry about it now.

Barty:)

• Haha 1

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

have filed recieved notice of issue, waiting for acknoeledgement, set for 23/06/07 am on hols 30/06-15/07 am thinking that i should prepare now for anythng that i might be asked for/eventuallities that i can post prior to or immediately on return of hols. any Ideas/suggestions that i can get ready for now?

You will be fine then until the 15 July. Have you sent your schedule of charges to the court and SCM?

As you filed using MCOL it is likely your AQ will be dispensed with, therefore read here and send new strategy order when you return from holiday:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/80091-your-court-dispensing-allocation.html

Hello again, I have sent 2 copies of schedule to court, but not to scm as have not recieved acknowledgement yet. When I do send to scm shall i do a new set of charges using the advance spreadsheet to remove some of the od interest, and replace it with appropriate amount?

Hi Guido T Thanks for your link, have typed up the order ready for posting, do i need to do 3 copies as in court bundles? There is so much info on these links ,it is difficult to take it all in, is there any thing else I need to type up (have tried to simply download, but it copies the site connection ,not the itemi want to copy). At what point do I send the order off, after recieving what document from whom? I am completely confused by all the different orders.