Advice on MBNA reply

Natural Born Klingon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6243 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This has probably been asked & answered before, but I've no idea what to search for, so ... :-)

I've just had MBNA's reply to my DPA request on two accounts held with them (Whiteroom & Virgin). Usual guff about their charges being fair & all that, and a "goodwill gesture of £100". But. Only data for one account, and a returned cheque.

What would people suggest as the next step? I have a 'phone number for them - should I ring tomorrow & say that they haven't complied with the DPA and have not got 5 days in which to do so? Oh, and thank you very much for the cheque which I will accept in partial payment without predudice?

This has probably been asked & answered before, but I've no idea what to search for, so ... :-)

I've just had MBNA's reply to my DPA request on two accounts held with them (Whiteroom & Virgin). Usual guff about their charges being fair & all that, and a "goodwill gesture of £100". But. Only data for one account, and a returned cheque.

What would people suggest as the next step? I have a 'phone number for them - should I ring tomorrow & say that they haven't complied with the DPA and have not got 5 days in which to do so? Oh, and thank you very much for the cheque which I will accept in partial payment without predudice?

NBK, I cannot tell you how bored I am with this!!!! Tell MBNA to bugger off, or at least accept this payment as partial. The fact of the matter is they haven't complied with your SAR. This is normal. I expect they sent you a tick box form too.

Send back the payment, tick all the boxes on the form (except for the one that says provide copy of application - cross this out and replace with "copy of true executed agreement"). Include ID (driving licence or utility bill copy fine). Write a nice letter telling them that due to their non-compliance you will be complaining to TS, OFT, ICO and FSA. Tell them they have 7 days to comply or you will be filing an N1 at County Court and you will be doing that because I say so!!!!:cool:

I am sorry if I sound stroppy, am having stroppy night and get SO hacked off when I come on here late only to hear the same old same old about MBNA and their USELESS ways - it's not you, it's them!! Do they never learn!!

Keep us posted and we'll all help!!

Regards,

Corn x:)

CLICK ON THE SCALES IF YOU THINK I HAVE HELPED!

I AM NOT SCARED ANYMORE!:rolleyes:

MBNA - To quote "The Carpenters", We've Only Just Begun..................;):D

HSBC - Settled.

Capital One - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Goldfish - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Tesco - SAR issued.

NBK, I cannot tell you how bored I am with this!!!! Tell MBNA to bugger off, or at least accept this payment as partial. The fact of the matter is they haven't complied with your SAR. This is normal. I expect they sent you a tick box form too.

Send back the payment, tick all the boxes on the form (except for the one that says provide copy of application - cross this out and replace with "copy of true executed agreement"). Include ID (driving licence or utility bill copy fine). Write a nice letter telling them that due to their non-compliance you will be complaining to TS, OFT, ICO and FSA. Tell them they have 7 days to comply or you will be filing an N1 at County Court and you will be doing that because I say so!!!!:cool:

I am sorry if I sound stroppy, am having stroppy night and get SO hacked off when I come on here late only to hear the same old same old about MBNA and their USELESS ways - it's not you, it's them!! Do they never learn!!

Keep us posted and we'll all help!!

Regards,

Corn x:)

:lol: I did delve into the multitude of MBNA posts, and have set up a letter more-or-less saying what you've ORDERED me to do :). Its going to be a bit difficult for me to fill the form in - they didn't send it! I've stated that in the letter, and told them that I'm not sending any further identification since they've already entered into a corespondence with me using the details provided and that they already hold.

I also made a point of stating that even though they didn't treat the request as an SAR, it was and that was clearly stated in the original letter, so they don't have a further 40 days to comply.

I'll be posting it tonight / tomorrow (no Post Office close to where I work), so I'll keep everyone up-to-date on their reply. I may even ring them later, just to tell them everything that's in the letter.

Now to send the Halifax an SAR non-compliance letter as well; out of the three that I sent off for at the same time, only Capital One has responded correctly and within the time limit.

:lol: I did delve into the multitude of MBNA posts, and have set up a letter more-or-less saying what you've ORDERED me to do :). Its going to be a bit difficult for me to fill the form in - they didn't send it! I've stated that in the letter, and told them that I'm not sending any further identification since they've already entered into a corespondence with me using the details provided and that they already hold.

I also made a point of stating that even though they didn't treat the request as an SAR, it was and that was clearly stated in the original letter, so they don't have a further 40 days to comply.

I'll be posting it tonight / tomorrow (no Post Office close to where I work), so I'll keep everyone up-to-date on their reply. I may even ring them later, just to tell them everything that's in the letter.

Now to send the Halifax an SAR non-compliance letter as well; out of the three that I sent off for at the same time, only Capital One has responded correctly and within the time limit.

Am DELIGHTED that you COMPLIED with my order - unlike the MBNA morons!!

Keep us posted!

PS : Am in a better mood tonight so stroppiness unnecessary xx:-D

CLICK ON THE SCALES IF YOU THINK I HAVE HELPED!

I AM NOT SCARED ANYMORE!:rolleyes:

MBNA - To quote "The Carpenters", We've Only Just Begun..................;):D

HSBC - Settled.

Capital One - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Goldfish - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Tesco - SAR issued.

• 2 weeks later...

So ... here we are seven days after posting my letter, and according to the other half there are three letters from MBNA waiting for me at home, so that's good. I also received my £100 goodwill cheque during the week, but I'm not cashing it yet - I don't need to, so ...

In the meantime, they've made another screw-up, and if I could get some advice from someone I'd be grateful.

I got a letter from them last week, saying that they wouldn't reinstate my Virgin account. Strange, since the last communication I had with them was by phone when I requested to close it. I rang them and the CS guy said "the last communication was on Monday 23rd when you asked us to reinstate it." Not me, guv, says I. Last contact was around the 17th when I was told that as soon as I paid the last £10.09, it would be closed. "Oh, yes - I can see that note on your account. Just hold on a minute." "We can't see why that has happened and can only apologise, and close the account now." Ok - so what about the record of that that has been put on my Credit Files at Experian and Equifax - I want them removed. "I'm sorry, we can't do that."

So - I'm pretty sure that they can have them removed, especially since they were placed due to their error; how do I go about it?