patdavies vs LloydsTSB

patdavies
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6214 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just started down the root of claiming my charges back.

The SAR was sent recorded delivery and the Royal Mail website shows signed for on 29th March.

To date however, the £10 cheque has not been put through my account - is this normal?

Co-incidentally, my son is doing the same with Natwest - he, like a pratt didn't use recorded delivery, just 1st class post - again the check hasn't been cashed

Hi pat

It's not unusual for them not to cash the cheque. They didn't cash mine till I filed a court claim. Your son may be in a different position though. Some people get their statements, some dont! If I were him I'd send another one to be sure but like I said, some people do get them!

Hope this helps

Barclays - 2 Accounts - WON

Capital 1 - WON with CI

LTSB - WON

LTSB pre 6 years - N1 for non compliance filed

Barclays pre 6 years - Prelim sent

• 3 weeks later...

Right, this morning I have had a letter from the copy statement unit detailing all charges going back to September 2001 - all they have sent is a copy of the charges - surely this

a) does not fulfil the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) which should be for all personal data regardless of age

b) does not go back 6 years (only 5yrs 7 months)

They say that should I wish further statements, they will need to access the archives and this will take longer and that they have 40 days should I request these.

I am of the view that my original request, signed for on 29th March, is for all personal data and they have 40 days from then to provide all of it - not just extracts of a few years statements.

Where do I go from here?

Hi and thanks for your advice on my problem.

I just sent my 3rd letter to Natwest with my second demand and warning to go to court. (Bank charges: Reclaim them, they're unlawful, so you can get six years money back | MoneySavingExpert: Consumer Revenge, Credit Cards, Shopping, Bank Charges, Cheap Flights and more).

I have to say that they are very slow.

I sent 2 checks (£10 each) for 2 accounts beginning of February. After 5 weeks I got copies of statements for my 2 accounts (full 6 years as requested) and 1 check back. The other one was cashed a week before.

When I sent my refund claim letter I had no reply even after 8 weeks. Last night I sent another one (my 3rd one: reminder + warning). This time I posted it SIGN FOR. I don't know where this will bring me, but I have nothing to lose!

Good luck with the claim process and I'll keep you informed about the progress of my one.

• 3 weeks later...
Last night I sent another one (my 3rd one: reminder + warning). This time I posted it SIGN FOR. I don't know where this will bring me, but I have nothing to lose!

Hi, I Just got 2 letters from NatWest 2 pages each, explaining how wrong I am to claim the money and how right they are to charge, how my "complaint" does not have any grounds and how "concerned" they are that I "feel" I had to complain. The last paragraph, though, in both letters, with the "goodwill gesture" talk, they are offering me settlements for amounts higher than I claimed for!!! I think they included the charges taken after I started the claim process. Not that I am complaining.

Anyway, they offered me this, refusing to accept any liabilities for any errors I claimed thay made. That's OK. I did not claim for their liability, I claimed my money back and got it plus extra!

Now I got 8 weeks to decide and sign the offer forms. I think I decided long time ago!!!!!!!

How is your fight? Hope well. Did the link I gave in my previous post help?

Have a nice weekend.

Peace,

You do indeed give me some hope!! Congratulations!!!:D

Did Nat West say anything about closing your account in their, 'we know we're wrong so we'll pay but won't actually admit we're wrong' letter?

I'm sorry to say I actually like the ease in which I can access my Nat West account and love the fact that their call centres are in the UK, all too often with my other account I'm on the phone twice as long trying desperately to explain what I'm actually after!!

Raclan.