vincymum v barclays

vincymum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5474 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks VM, and to you too.

Slick:D

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 4 weeks later...

Morning. I have some questions, and apologise in advanace if the first one has been answered before.

Firstly, my case has been stayed like so many others pending the outcome of the case. My general form of judgement or order also says that Either party may apply in writing to the Court Office to reinstate the claim.

Assuming the deadline comes and goes without a resolution to the case, could the judge stay my case yet again? And how soon after the stay date can I re-apply to the court?

Secondly does the alan from derby po box address still exist?

Curious

vincymum

Hi VM,

Your case will remain Stayed until the OFT case is resolved and it sounds like you or the bank can apply to move the case on in court. If your Stay has a deadline, I assume it 'll be automatically extended till after OFT.

Alanfromderby still exists - I know that much ! Have you something to send or communicate and I'll find out.

Regards, Slick

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 2 months later...

Evening all. Hope everyone is doing ok. Lots been going on in my private life.

Just a quick line to ask if alanfromderby managed to get my t&c,s I sent to him, and also to let people know that Barclays wrote to me saying somethng along the lines of can we wait for the earlier of the 1st july 08 to resume this business or until the outcome.

Then the court wrote to me telling me that it had made an ordera long the same lines.

So like everyone else, I carry on waiting.

ttfn

vincymum

Hi VM,

Yep, that sounds about right.

Thanks for sending in the T&C's. ;)

Hi slick132. Thanks for your reply. I've had a great day today, firstly with the first round of the fight in our favour, and then finding 5pence in a carrier bag!! Glad to know you are still here helping. Thanks

Regards, vincymum

VM, glad to hear your day's been so good !

;)

Just trying to get my head around the initial judgement. As I understand it, according to the Judge, 1. The bank charges are not penalties???!!?, 2. The terms and conditions are written in clear english etc....

So as someone else hinted/said does this mean that they are liquidated damages (on personal accounts anyway)??? What might the banks feel about that?

Hi VM,

We'll have to see how this all pans out.

Who makes any appeal about what aspects of the judgement - that's the next biggie as I see it, and we should know within a month.

So much left unsaid! All this waiting is frustrating. I just can't imagine what arguements the banks will come up with next. Cos if they are not offering a service:o , and the charges are not penalties:o :o my poor little brain can't think beyond liquidated damages:o :o :o .

I'll just have to keep my eyes peeled here on this website for the answers!

• 6 months later...

Evening all. I have obviously been in la la land when this new charging malarky came about.

I have noticed that my interest payments have gone up a few pounds on my o/draft because once upon a time the first £250.00 was free, then the rest was charged at a certain rate. Now none of the o/draft at my agreed level is free. But get this, anything over that is!

Stranger way of charging if you ask me!

Good luck to Dave and Marc.

Cheque in the post. Please cash it as soon as received.

Regards

vincymum

HI VM,

Thanks for the site donation. :)

Have a careful look at the new charging regime and see if the new system suits you. If not, you have the option to revert to the old system by opting out.

Check carefully about all aspects of the a/c, ie overdraft, charges, etc. It's complicated ! :confused:

• 7 months later...

Good evening/Good morning (depending on your point of view).

I have just read the announcement about claiming back the interest charged my overdraft which is 100% made up of bank charges! plus 8%

This weekend the forecast is for rain, and lots of it, so this will help pass the time. First of all I'll need to workout at which point the overdraft became soley charges. Will keep you updated.

Many thanks for this information!

Edited by vincymum
Forgot my thanks!

Hi VM and good to see you again.

Keep us updated. :)