Strapt v Egg: defence filed - a few questions...

strapt
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6247 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya, just recieved letter from the court saying they have transfered my case to my local court, there doesnt seem to be an Allocation Questionarrire though which upon reading through the step-by-step seems to be the stage that Im at. To be honest Im not sure I can decifer the legal wordage to figure out if they will be sending this or if I just sit tight at this stage. So, coupla questions basically: 1. What do I do now!?; 2. I have just moved city so the court they have xfered the case to is now 300miles away, shall I inform the court or will this just delay further?; 3. I have a default now through egg and the debt has been passed over to a collection agency, am I still able, at this stage, to request the default be removed as it was partly due to the charges?

Hope someone can help with all this! Thankyou!!

Strapt

Anyone got any experience of the abpve they can share? The most pressing of the questions is; what do I do now? Ive been sent a letter from the court saying they have xfrered my case to my local court. Do I just sit tight to wait and hear more now? From the step by steps Ive read through it seems like I should've also recieved an AQ but as far as I can see this is not there. Help!

1. What do I do now!?

I leave the AQ issue to others

----------------------------------------------------------

2. I have just moved city so the court they have xfered the case to is now 300miles away, shall I inform the court or will this just delay further?

What matters to you more -- a potential 300-mile journey to court, or a potential additional delay for court reassignment? If your new town is in a quiet area, just conceivably your nearest could be LESS snowed-under then your old court, resulting in little or no delay to court date. Egg lawyers do not miss a trick, if they can sense you have no appetite for 300-mile journey they will drive a hard bargain.

-----------------------------------------------------------

3. I have a default now through egg and the debt has been passed over to a collection agency, am I still able, at this stage, to request the default be removed as
it was partly due to the charges?

You have answered your own question. If your default occurred even if there had been no unlawful charges, on what grounds can the Default Notice be challenged?

That's great Mistermind, thanks for the reply. Both those points make sense, thanks.

Anyone got any ideas on what I should be doing now in terms of do I just wait now for the courts to let me know the next stage? Thnx!