Can you reclaim charges if a debt management company is now managing the debt?

Kittygalore
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5621 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good afternoon to you all ...

I am just writing to see whether anyone knows if it is possible or the 'done thing' to reclaim charges from companies who are involved in a debt management programme, for example:

Egg - Credit Card Blue

Egg - Credit Card Green

Egg - Loan

These three things are currently being paid back via a debt management company which I appointed to deal with the debts.

I have 3.5 years left to pay on the debt management scheme. I believe in some cases the interest has been frozen, but in others it hasn't.

Is it cheeky to write to Egg to reclaim the charges?

Thanks very much

Kitty

Happy Reclaiming x

Yes you can, I just reclaimed all charges from Cap one and mine was being handled by a DMC so that debt is now completely satisfied.

Good Luck.

TezViper

TezViper

I give advice not as an expert on law, only as a guy who succesfully claimed back £3385 from The Halifax. Followed by another £2611.

Lloyds TSB settled in full before hearing

Cap One offered full settlement and default removed.

If I help in any way then please donate to the site when you are succesful

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have started my reclaim today

I have to say Egg were very helpful and nice over the phone. All I did was ring this number as posted in another thread by Elise Driver: 0845 1 233 233 and I asked them that I wanted my statements going back six years and he said ok...said he would have to charge me £10 for each account as I have 3 accounts which I am happy enough to pay for and I will receive them within the next 5 - 7 working days. Much easier than all that letter writing to the banks!

So we will see what happens. I shall keep you updated.

Kitty x

• 2 months later...

As I understand it (I'm with the CCCS - bless them) they are always your debts - CCCS seem efficient and respected by the creditors - and you can do with them whatever you wish.

I've got a dozen or so financial institutions on a debt management plan with the CCCS which has run smoothly for a year. The danger comes if or when one of the creditors flogs off the debt for peanuts to a ****** debt collector and they can play dirty.

Look at the Debt Collector forum that names the names and how to fight back.

Van

Hi I am with a DMP and have been since August 2006 have reclaimed charges + ci interest = £1666 with Capital one this left balance on card at £320 DMP said just keep normal payments Capital one will be finished in 6 payments, then we will spread their payments among other crediters making then happier as their payment has increased and they will be finished earlier. Have been advised by DMP that as far as they are concerned if I get a refund of PPI + ci interest from Capital one and get it in cash as long as I keep up payments they don't want to know about the refund.

all the best dpick:)

Well I have started my reclaim today

I have to say Egg were very helpful and nice over the phone. All I did was ring this number as posted in another thread by Elise Driver: 0845 1 233 233 and I asked them that I wanted my statements going back six years and he said ok...said he would have to charge me £10 for each account as I have 3 accounts which I am happy enough to pay for and I will receive them within the next 5 - 7 working days. Much easier than all that letter writing to the banks!

So we will see what happens. I shall keep you updated.

Kitty x

You shouldn't have to pay £10 for each account as they are all with the same company, just send £10 for all three!

They're taking the pee!

• 9 months later...

I am also in a debt maagement programme how do i go about claiming back charges from Egg and Monument I am so confused by the whole process of what to do. I am currently trying to arrange to claim bank charges back from Lloyds as they have a horrendous rate for being overdrawn. I am currently £1 over my limit and they are charging me £6 a day to a max of ten days does anyone have any suggestions. :-(

• 7 months later...

Hi there, yes you can claim back PPI if you are in a debt management plan and even potentially have the entire loan written off if it is deemed unenforceable. There is a lot of information about this on the page link below.

Edited by maroondevo52
Link removed

Kind regards

Sean Tyrer

http://myvesta.org.uk