Advice on Link

Pandora_nini
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6260 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I am posting this thread for some advice

I am having an issue with MBNA and Link (see my other thread). My partner had two credit cards which defaulted (was newly divorced and fleeced) in 2000 (I think it was March) - anyway, in January 2005 Link wrote claiming that they had been assigned the debt and needed to pay up or else.

Wrote back to them the same day stating that he had no record of any correspondence from the cc company in 6 years, and could they therefore please supply copies of all correspondence and details of the "outstanding" debt - although not a CCA request, basically I guess we challenged them to provide proof of this debt. Never heard another word from them.

I think they may have linked up (sorry for the pun) our names/address as I have been having financial difficulties (not joint finances) and are calling me and asking me about the other half. Have refused to discuss anything or confirm other half's address etc as this is not my business. Been quite nasty with me. As the original default was in 31/3/2000, ie it's now a year over the 6 years, and Link didn't respond to our letter in January 2005, what is the legal situation regarding this?

Any comments/advice much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi, I am posting this thread for some advice

I am having an issue with MBNA and Link (see my other thread). My partner had two credit cards which defaulted (was newly divorced and fleeced) in 2000 (I think it was March) - anyway, in January 2005 Link wrote claiming that they had been assigned the debt and needed to pay up or else.

Wrote back to them the same day stating that he had no record of any correspondence from the cc company in 6 years, and could they therefore please supply copies of all correspondence and details of the "outstanding" debt - although not a CCA request, basically I guess we challenged them to provide proof of this debt. Never heard another word from them.

I think they may have linked up (sorry for the pun) our names/address as I have been having financial difficulties (not joint finances) and are calling me and asking me about the other half. Have refused to discuss anything or confirm other half's address etc as this is not my business. Been quite nasty with me. As the original default was in 31/3/2000, ie it's now a year over the 6 years, and Link didn't respond to our letter in January 2005, what is the legal situation regarding this?

Any comments/advice much appreciated.

Thanks

Hun, you should have kept this on the same thread as I would guess this is connected. There is the issue of the Statute of Limitations. I would suggest SAR'ng Link to see what they have got on you but if they haven't contacted you in six years, they can do very little. They can come back nicely and ask you to repay the phantom debt but you can equally nicely reply "no".

Can I ask a mod to come by and merge these threads because I think this is a connected situation!!!

Thank you!

CLICK ON THE SCALES IF YOU THINK I HAVE HELPED!

I AM NOT SCARED ANYMORE!:rolleyes:

MBNA - To quote "The Carpenters", We've Only Just Begun..................;):D

HSBC - Settled.

Capital One - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Goldfish - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Tesco - SAR issued.