Sproggi v Cap 1

sproggi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6525 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

DPA's sent 19th May (1 for sproggi & 1 for Mr sproggi).

Usual letter from Miss Blunt received 26th May confirming that info will be forwarded to us as soon as she receives it.

Would it be o.k to close these accounts now as both are in credit and we want rid of them, or would it be more advisable to leave them open until claims are completed?

Sproggi

Would it be o.k to close these accounts now as both are in credit and we want rid of them, or would it be more advisable to leave them open until claims are completed?

Sproggi

It should make no difference.

• Confused 1

• 1 month later...

Update & quick question.

Received all copy statements for both our accounts from account opening in Oct 2000 (more than I requested) with the exception of November 2005, for some strange reason, this statement was missing from both of our accounts.

Due to family commitments, first letters requesting repayments not sent until 18th July 2006. Letters received by Cap 1 on 19th July according to Royal Mail.

Nothing back as yet.

Requesting repayment of £296 for me and £256 for Mr Sproggi (had to estimate Nov 05 using Oct & Dec statements).

Now my question is: When I was working out the charges, I could not find the spreadsheet for calculating the interest that these charges incurred and am too thick to work out how to adapt the 8% one (I did try to the point of tearing my hair out), so I just requested the actual charges.

I have now found the link and have been very kindly emailed the correct spreadsheet.

Is it now too late or can I add these into my LBA's?

Sproggi

Hi Alan,

Sorry, I didn't make it very clear. The interest that I am talking about recovering is the interest that they have charged me on the Late payment/Overlimit fees.

Sproggi

Thanks for the advice Alan.

It seems very strange to find myself hoping that they refuse my initial request for payment, but I don't want them to get away with a single penny more than they are due.

Sproggi

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Both LBA's ready to be posted today as 14 days were up yesterday.

Now Mr Sproggi received the usual letter this morning from Mr Udy saying 'take 4 weeks to look into' etc. Tough!! 2 weeks from receipt of LBA Moneyclaim being filed (unless they pay in full of course).

I, however, received a letter from Paula Scott saying she will send me a cheque in next 14 working days for £118 as I have closed my account.

I still intend sending my LBA off to them as I have now worked out the interest on the penalties whiich I had not included in my Prelim and I want that back too, also I worked out that I had missed a charge of £20 due to them neglecting to send me one of my statements.

If I accept the £118 in partial payment, can I still claim the interest that they applied to these charges?

If so, I am not sure how I would translate this onto Moneyclaim if it should go this far.

If I refuse this money, would it then compromise my claim?

Sproggi

Well LBA went out yesterday and letter refusing offer was due to go out today. Captial One, however, have sent me the offer cheque this morning.

Do you think that it would be acceptable to return the cheque with the letter refusing the offer and just add a note to say that I am returning it?

Sproggi

Well LBA went out yesterday and letter refusing offer was due to go out today. Captial One, however, have sent me the offer cheque this morning.

Do you think that it would be acceptable to return the cheque with the letter refusing the offer and just add a note to say that I am returning it?

Sproggi

To be honest I would bank the cheque and continue with the action for the remainder, but at the end of the day it is your call.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6525 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks