where do i start?

digger80
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6260 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i havent had my cap1 card for about 2-3 years can i still claim for charges:-?

i dont have any info on it at all, no statements, acc number, nothing:confused:

where do i start:-?

tia alex :)

Digger,

Read the FAQS, look at the template letters in the library.

Firstly you need to send a SAR to capital One giving them as much information as you can to identify your account.

Once you have your statements etc, you can work out how much they have unlawfully taken and begin the process of claiming it back.

Good luck :D:D

There is no such thing as impossible; only the degree of difficulty required to achieve the desired outcome.

Read through the

FAQ Section.... Use these links :grin:

Like what I say show - add to my reputation (click the scales!)

My advice & opinions are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

Halicrap - Full settlement 12/06 £408.34

Crapitol 1 - Settled in Full 27/04/07 £15808-)

All & Pester - Claim served £5695 4/09, Stayed

Woolsnitch mortgage accounts - Claim served £2995 4/09, application to strike out 06/09

Lloybles - No CCA, CPR disclosure notices served.

i have found the sar letter, thanks.

another annoying q, soz. as i dont have a cheque book, can i pay the £10 charge via another method i.e postal order, debit card? i am unsure about the debit card as barclays didnt take one from my card when i sent them the 1st letter.

In addition to the sergeant's advice....

Yes you can still claim whether the account is active or closed.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

A postal order is quite satisfactory. Keep the receipt and make sure that you send all your letters by recorded delivery. Then they can't claim that they never received them.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

if i add this to the sar letter do you think it sounds ok.

i have also changed my name too, so adding this in too.

As i no longer have an account with your company capital one, i am currently unaware of my account number. My name at the time of the account was Miss ................ As the account was held over 2 years ago i have also changed my title and surname to........ due to marriage. The name held on the account was ...(full name)... and my date of birth is ....... I see this as evidence that my account was held and the information i have supplied is relevent and sufficiant to find my account. I also held the account at the above address.

does this sound ok?

For any normal person,yes, it would be enough.

Unfortunately the banks will use any excuse to intimidate and delay you, so they may ask for additional information.

Plod on.....you WILL succeed.:)

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

The more information to prove your identity the better, as it may force them to accept it and send your statements without referral back to you.

Good luck ......... :D

There is no such thing as impossible; only the degree of difficulty required to achieve the desired outcome.

Read through the

FAQ Section.... Use these links :grin:

Like what I say show - add to my reputation (click the scales!)

My advice & opinions are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

Halicrap - Full settlement 12/06 £408.34

Crapitol 1 - Settled in Full 27/04/07 £15808-)

All & Pester - Claim served £5695 4/09, Stayed

Woolsnitch mortgage accounts - Claim served £2995 4/09, application to strike out 06/09

Lloybles - No CCA, CPR disclosure notices served.

Well done. . the first step of many with Cap One, we will help guide you through them..Keep us posted..

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Digger

I have the same problem with old (closed) Barclaycard and NatWest card a/cs. I sent loads of info in SARs but got no response.

I had a little brainwave and found some payments on my Coop statements which I knew had been made to these organisations and asked Coop to trace a/c numbers from their Archive System (ALL banks have these) from these transactions.

Coop kindly complied after some 'encouragement' from me and hey presto! I have two old a/c numbers. I sent SAR reminders to both Barclaycard & NatWest reminding them of their 40 days limit.

HTH

Digger

I sent SAR on two occasions for my account and for my husband's. Did not get acknowlegdement letter on either request. Just had to wait it out, my statements arrived around day 25, my husband's around day 35.

glav:)

Digger

I sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) on two occasions for my account and for my husband's. Did not get acknowlegdement letter on either request. Just had to wait it out, my statements arrived around day 25, my husband's around day 35.

glav:)

Why does it always seem like its forever waiting?

thanks Paint.

did you pay by DD? i always paid over the counter by cash so i have no record. i will just send the non-compliance letter at the weekend.

The transactions were showing on my bank statements so must have been DDs ...

i thought they had 14 days to respond to acknowledge the request and then 40 days from date of letter to respond?

Digger

They have 40 days from receipt of your letter (always use recorded delivery and you see on Royal Mail website when letter was delivered), this is one or two days after your posting it.

Prelim letter gives them 14 days, same with LBA.

Please read templates and FAQs so that you are fully informed.:D

What forms are you looking for?... I have some links below that may work for you.

Ukaviator

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers