Reply to LBA

ajh021
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6251 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Just had a reply to my LBA i sent.

'Thank you for writing back to me about the refund of £168.00 we've added to you account. I'm sorry to hear that you feel this is unacceptable.

As i've already explained, we're confident our fees are both fair and legal and i'm disappointed to hear you're considering court action. The OFT haven't told us that we're obliged to refund any fees, and we've offered refunds as a gesture of goodwill. I'm afraid i won't be refunding all of the fees as you've asked and i won't be increasing the refund, as it is my final offer.'

Mr Uddy sounds quite positive he wont refund anymore, shall i carry on and begin court action.

Is this a standard reply, as i can't afford to carry on, if he really means it.

I've asked for £564 to be refunded, and the account balance oustanding is just over £200.00.

Please help.

This is a standard reply. Next stage now.File with an N1 or MCOL. They then usually pay up after the Acknowledgement of your claim. One thing though, the interest rate on your card will probably go up a few %.. if you can i would advise you to close the account if you can. Quite a few people have had letters saying this.

UK

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

thanks for the help.

The card was destroyed ages ago, and i would never ask them for another.

When doing a mcol, is it possible to check the acknowldgements or dates online.

thanks for the help.

The card was destroyed ages ago, and i would never ask them for another.

When doing a mcol, is it possible to check the acknowldgements or dates online.

Yes you can follow the progress of your claim on the web page when you sign in.

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

• 3 weeks later...

am waiting until get enough erxtra money to do the mcol for my partners card.

For my card, i recieved the stats, and am sending prelim for 562.00 for that, and sending letter of dispute to Hamptons legal who are chasing it.

will post these tomorrow.