Probably an irritating question from a newbie but still..

artvixen
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6643 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

I just discovered this site via Martyn's Money Tips and I'm looking through my statements for the past six years - I have read all the FAQ's but I am still somewhat confused.

I understand that I tot up the charges made to my account, then work out the interest on the Excel spreadsheet and then have the bank about it all about it via letter, I don't understand one thing:

Obviously I include overdrawn charges and transaction fees but what about the charges for withdrawing money from another bank's cashpoint? You always get a warning and are asked if you want to continue before you withdraw the money so do I include these in my charges total or not?

Thanks in advance for your patience and help.

You are referring to the cost of withdrawing from an ATM? No these are not penalties.

• 4 weeks later...

My husband and I sent letters on the 10th March requesting 277 pounds refund to our joint account and 996 refund to his account for unlawful charges.

My husband tried to get another account as 'insurance' in case they closed his sccount but was declined!

We have had *no* response with regards to the 996, and a letter requiring a breakdown of the charges to our joint account. In addition there has been another 25 pounds charge to our joint account dated 15 March.

I called HSBC and foolishly bothered to clarify the charges, to which I was told that because we went over our overdraft limit they were allowed to make them.

Now what do I do - do I write them the letter before action for the joint account including the new charge and then take them to court (which I'm fully prepared for) if they don't pay up, or do I have to mess around with a separate letter requesting that?

Also, we're not sure if they've put any kind of default on my husband's credit record (the fact he can't get another bank account would suggest this) so do we send the letter before action including the bit where we demand the removal of such a default???

I'm not sure how I should proceed with these two claims. I've read all the details on the forum but they seem to be putting up a ton of red tape to mess us around. .. help please!

Err. What is the problem?

Then if they don't pay up in the time frame you specify use the advice in the FAQ and library sections to start court proceedings against them.

It matters not one jott what they say to you. Only that they pay back the money the owe you.

Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

************Disclaimer *******Don't take my advice. I have no idea what I am talking about. If you take my advice you must be bonkers or something.

Hi there,

We've been sending letters to HSBC for refunds of charges to my joint account and my husband's account and now have reached the stage where we'll be putting in a claim.

Question is: do we combine the two refunds into one claim (which makes writing the particulars of claim a little tricky) or do we have to put in separate claims for separate accounts???

HELP!

Hi there,

We've been sending letters to HSBC for refunds of charges to my joint account and my husband's account and now have reached the stage where we'll be putting in a claim.

Question is: do we combine the two refunds into one claim (which makes writing the particulars of claim a little tricky) or do we have to put in separate claims for separate accounts???

HELP!

If the total is less than £5000 then do one claim.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support their.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6643 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks