MacBoy Vs. Halifax and Hello To the Group!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5644 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Money:D

• 04/04/07 - £104 exit fee refund - Portman BS
  • Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!
  • A&L Current a/c - You're next..

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

Update (Credit Card Account)

Right. Time to take stock. here's the latest timeline of events:

1st April: Claim Issued

7th April: Court Sent Claim to defendant

9th April: Date Deemed Served

11th April: Halifax file Acknowledgement of Service intending to defend all of the claim. I have yet to receive said defence.

14th April: Court send notice of Acknowledgement of claim

18th April: I receive notice of Acknowledgement of claim

21st April: Halifax make 'offer' to settle (i.e. drop the full amount of charges into my CC account (it's still sitting there), pay no interest, admit no liability and add a £75 cheque for Court costs.

23rd April: I send rejection letter to HFX, instructing them to remove the money placed in my account, returning the £75 court costs cheque and stating my intention to continue legal action unless i get a full refund of charges, interest and costs. They have still not removed the money from my account.

If I'm correct, this gives HFX until 23rd April to file a defence. They have not done so, or I have not had sight of it.

Again if I'm correct, this gives me leave to request Judgment from the court.

But am I correct? It's difficult to tell with this seemingly psychotic behaviour of the Halifax, paying and also saying they intend to defend... :roll:

• Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

Yo Mac,

They made you an offer you rejected it, you told them to take the money out of

your account, they haven't, you have recieved no defence papers,

Go for judgement go get them :D

Agree !!

PRACTICE DIRECTION – THE SUMMARY DISPOSAL OF CLAIMS - This Practice Direction supplements CPR Part 24

Go get 'em

PM

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

Thanks, guys ;)

Just one thing - on the Notice of Issue form in the Request for Judgment section, there is a space for 'interest rate'. Am I likely to come unstuck here, as I'm going for something other than the standard 8%?

Or should i just stick to my guns?

Write to your MP and

Thanks again for all the info and advice guys..

I'm inclined to go for it and specify the exact rate I'm using (on the basis that the court should be acting according to the CPR, not assessing my claim, as it hasn't been heard as yet).

However, I think a judicious call to the court to find out whether a defence has been submitted (and I just haven't received it), is in order first. I'll put in a call Tuesday ;)

Write to your MP and

BTW, Kenny - i don't seem to be getting reply notification mails even though I'm subscribed to this thread - is there something wrong with CAG's systems at the moment?

Write to your MP and

Yup. All relevant boxes ticked & clicked.

Write to your MP and

Everything Tils... in fact I never unticked anything :D - all has always been in place ;)

Write to your MP and

Good idea Tils - will give it a try :D

Write to your MP and

BTW, Kenny - i don't seem to be getting reply notification mails even though I'm subscribed to this thread - is there something wrong with CAG's systems at the moment?

Hi MacBoy

Is this just recent?

Did Tillys recomendations work?:o

If not let me know and I'll ask about.

You enjoying the holiday??:)

Saintly - I don't think it's an ISP issue - I'm still getting instant notifications from other forums I'm a member of.

Again, I have not received notification of either yours or Kenny's posts today - even after folllowing implementation of Tilly's suggestions :(

And yes, Kenny me OLD.... I'm loving the nice weather and what remains of the holiday, ahead of what will be a most stress-packed week! :lol:

Write to your MP and