Models Direct-Scammers?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5156 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Okay, thanks Chris, but I doubt they will pay me back?

Do I follow more or less the same proceedure as with the banks?

Letter written as above Chris, hope you don't mind me using your words...

As you have failed to fulfill your contract with me I demand a full refund within 14 days from the above date, after which time I will consider issuing legal proceedings for breach of contract by none performance.

Yours sincerely

Mrs Cally Day

Edited by MARTIN3030
rem pers info

:DABBEY-WON! £1,359.34

:confused:CAPITAL ONE WON £1,523.27+£39court fees.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just sent a fake request for models, see if Wiliam is pulled out of the hat, lol

Received a message on my answer phone today asking me to ring them regarding my requirements, also an email of the same. Shall i ring them and string them along and see if they present William, of course they will probably ask me to pay something upfront to register or something.

UPDATE!

Having email correspondance with Suzi at Models Direct and she is keen to supply models from this area, waiting to see when she will ask for a reg fee from me, :lol: and if she puts William forward.

Hi

Our standard full day rate for a child is £200 + VAT and chaperone fee per model.

On the basis you are looking for 50 children for a full day photographic shoot, our rate would be £160 per model (including chaperone fee) + VAT

Total: £9,400 inc VAT

As you are a new client, we would require a pre-payment for the booking and a 25% deposit to secure and start booking the models 10% non-refundable in the event of a total cancellation - see terms and conditions on our website.

Please provide a breakdown of number of child models required per age.

We can provide standby/back-up models in case of illness etc - but I am quoting on the basis you are looking for 50 models + chaperones to turn up at 10am on 27th April and be used for a photographic shoot.

A few questions;

Who is the client for the booking - Youth of Today looks like a chat forum? Are you a nursery school as well?

The original request was from Anna Stuart - who should we address our booking to? What is your position at Youth of Today and your relationship to Anna who submitted the request?

How are you planning to co ordinate this - do you have staff available?

Who are you using for the shoot?

Where will refreshments, rest, changing area be located?

Children are not allowed to work for a solid day without appropriate breaks and those of school age will require Child Performance licenses which you can obtain from your local council.

We will also need to use models from outside the Inverness area so there may be a small amount of travel on top, we will try to get models as local as possible.

Look forward to hearing

Suzy

Okay, I have sent my letter requesting my fee refunded in full, they have sent emails telling me I can update his pictures and a link to their site, but I can't sign in, when I request the login info they keep sending the same email, still can't login, what are they , STUPID?

Will keep you updated with their response to the letter! ;)

Okay, I have sent my letter requesting my fee refunded in full, they have sent emails telling me I can update his pictures and a link to their site, but I can't sign in, when I request the login info they keep sending the same email, still can't login, what are they , STUPID?

Will keep you updated with their response to the letter! ;)

This thing with the login simply strengthens your legal case. Especially as they've ignored your requests for support in the matter.

Thanks stone, any help on this matter is very much appreciated.

By the way, she sussed out it was me looking for models and asked if I would be using my son and I replied, of course I would be using him, told her I would get back to her on the other models, to which I will reply that we will advertise for volunteers locally.

Its a MCOL so you don't even need to leave your home

Can't do this, I live in Scotland, but I will go down the Small Claims Route.

I haven't had a reply to my 1st letter, will send LBA after the 14days are up.

Never pay to register, it should be free or they should pay you.

If the terms were invalidated then you can simply ignore the contract, i own and run my own record label... we have a "Invalidity of Terms" section, which states basically if any part of the agreement is invalidated then the rest will remain in effect. Without thsi the whole agreement is invalidated.

With MCOL you cant claim legal aid? So its best to go through the small claims route anyway (i maybe mistaken)

• Haha 1

Never pay to register, it should be free or they should pay you.

If the terms were invalidated then you can simply ignore the contract, i own and run my own record label... we have a "Invalidity of Terms" section, which states basically if any part of the agreement is invalidated then the rest will remain in effect. Without thsi the whole agreement is invalidated.

With MCOL you cant claim legal aid? So its best to go through the small claims route anyway (i maybe mistaken)

Thanks for that MD, very helpful. Will be taking Small Claims route as can not use MCOL as we live in Scotland. There time is up on 17th April!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I got a refund no problems, I e-mailed and sent a paper copy via recorded del stating that it was my consumer right to cancel within seven working days. A lady rang and requested I sent written confirmation which was already in the post. A couple of days later a credit to my account.

• 7 months later...

i signed up to this just after christmas this year! i have paid the full fee & even saved money that i couldnt afford to pay it! i recieve emails saying i have been put foward for jobs but nothing has come of them! when i signed up i paid the highest 1 thinkin id get more jobs & interests in my portfolio, i have had no jobs come through on this site for modeling.

i recieved a myspace message from a friend, with a link to this, im just wondering if theres anything i can do or what should i do next?

:-?

my emails sammyleigh_07@hotmail.co.uk i would appreciate any help :)

NO reputable model agency ever charges the models for it's services.

What you can do is ask for proof they have put you forward & if none is forthcoming or is unsatisfactory in that you only have their word for it you must demand a refund failing which you need to be prepared to issue civil proceedings.

I have PM'd you

Edited by JonCris

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi my daughter is registered with this Agency and we think they are [problematic] too. She is beautiful, i know everyone thinks that but we've been told by loads of people to put her into modelling so we did afte rsomebody recommended them. Their daughter has had modelling work, well i know she has had one job anyway. Although like you we have had nothing, and she's been on their about 6 months maybe more. It is alot of hassle putting photo's on there. We have just updated it again but doubt if we'll here. I've tried ringing them and did suggest it was a [problem] but they were quite rude and said that it was'nt and said that it normally takes 3 months before any jobs, this was prob about four months ago. Im not sure i want to go to all the trouble your going to, my husband might. Its a good idea to pretend to be a customer. We paid £128 for a contract of 3 years I think. I think i might ring again too. I was on this site about something else and saw this and realised same model agency as daughter. I only now realise that reputable agencies dont charge, a bit late now. May go with another agency. Good luck, I will keep an eye on this to see of progress if any.

My daughter was going down this route with my 6 month old grand daughter and she was asked for over £200 for the portfolio.........

I told her NO NO NO this is a [problem],she didnt believe me so i have just sat her down to read all these posts........

Are there any reputable agencies out there?

Tilly

Yes there are; tell your Daughter that reputable modelling agencies NEVER charge their models a fee - a model is an EMPLOYEE of a modelling agency and therefore gets PAID for her work.

I don't know what modelling agencies are out there, but look for one that doesn't charge a fee and also look around the net for recommendations. You could do worse than look at what agencies the supermodels are using.

Hi we paid £128 that was'nt even for a portfolio, we had to take the photos ourselves and post them on website, which is quite difficult and just wait to hear with Models Direct. When you do hear your so excited that your child/baby has been selected, then nothing happens. They dont seem to do anything. I would like her to be put on another modelling website but not sure want more hassle. Its good to know its not just me in this position.

Stonelaughter is correct there are reputable agencies which don't charge a fee.

However a portfolio done by a professional photographer is usually paid for by the subject who then shows it around the modelling agencies.

Nevertheless some of the larger agencies will order & pay for a portfolio to be done if they want the subject to work for them but that portfolio remains the property of the agency or photographer

Many would be models have a portfolio done, at an agreed price, then take it around the various modelling agencies to try & obtain work

Quite often a photographers work when published by him will attract attention & requests are made by companies/agencies for the model or models in question to be supplied.

How do I know all this .......... 1 of my sons is a professional photographer & he often does portfolios for budding & some already successful models

Not for children, but there is a forum called Models Mayhem, and in it there's models (established and budding), photographers, make-up artists etc... Most stuff is done on a print for pose basis (photographers get model FOC, model gets copies of photos to build portfolio), although a lot of it is US based, there's some UK based work.

The usual warnings about checking where you're going and who you're going to meet apply, but my daughter got an amazing professional portfolio out of it. I should add that the standards are more Kerrang than Hello!, so if people want work for Littlewoods Catalogue, it's probably not the right place to go to. ;-)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sooo glad I came across this forum I was literally so close to joining this agency ! They really make it all seem so great and you start to justify their reasoning for wanting to charge the £128 !! Hope everyone who has joined manages to get their money back its shocking what people do !!

im so glad i have decided to do research before ayig out i applied t models direct for my daughter and it did look very professional but when i read upfrnt fees it set bells ringing as you hear of these horror stories i now think i willleave it and find agencies where i dont pay for registering

those who have paid i realy hope you get your money bk

• 2 weeks later...

I think they are a [problem]..Im also in the same situation, and my little brother too. We have been registered with them for a year now with no single job or booking!!! im happy ive found this site..i think we should collectively take them to court!! anyone...?