Redundancy - I feel this could get messy.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6273 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I accepted Voluntary Redundancy and I'm due to finish on 18th April(However I unofficially finish on Friday 30th March)

VR was accepted as Compulsory redundancy was 99.99% guaranteed and I wasn't interested in any position that would have been available under the 0.01% chance.

My package was sorted and I was happy. As I got a season ticket loan from my company for a rail ticket I was told the company would be taking this from my final pay(£1100 or thereabouts) and I'd need to get a refund if I no longer needed it.

Well I no longer need it so went to get a refund tonight from the rail company only to be told that any refund would be in the form of a cheque made payable to my company as it was their cheque that paid for it - makes perfect sense I think, but why has my employer overlooked this?

I'm going to flag this up tomorrow but I fear I'm going to be fleeced big time here. Any advice?

I had a season ticket loan from my employer for a citylink bus pass. I was moved to another office so didnt use the bus any more and drove. I had to cash in my season ticket but they took a charge off for cancelling early. Again this was paid to my employer as it was them that paid for my ticket. Id get in touch with HR and get them told!!! You might get payment a bit later but you should get it back. Hopefully the rail company dont fleece you like citylink did to us!

I had a season ticket loan from my employer for a citylink bus pass. I was moved to another office so didnt use the bus any more and drove. I had to cash in my season ticket but they took a charge off for cancelling early. Again this was paid to my employer as it was them that paid for my ticket. Id get in touch with HR and get them told!!! You might get payment a bit later but you should get it back. Hopefully the rail company dont fleece you like citylink did to us!

Thanks for replying Skippy.

I got a letter from HR and took it to my rail station. Again they were reluctant. However they let me fill out the form and took it from me and said the office manager would call today - they didn't so I'll need to go in on monday.

However...two of my colleagues were accepted with no hassle at all at two seperate local stations. :roll:

I'm going to lose just under 2 months due to having to cancel it, yet my employer will not take that into consideration.

Should I take this up, if/once my cheque from Scotrail and final payslip from employer comes through?

Hi Difbear

Im not an expert but I always find that if I call somewhere I get the name of the person that i speak to and their dept, location and who thier manager is along with a direct number if im chasing. Guess its just my time dealing with people in insurance companies but Im totally suspicious so tend to assume that people wont do what they say they will until they prove me wrong!

Id say that you call back, (wont rail office have opening tomorrow??) and ask straight away to speak to a manager, (do you have name?). Say that you need to do this because the manager is failing in calling back and that you waited around all day for a call, (which obviously you did!!) Lay it on really thick and get as much detail as you can. If you can tie them up like this, then you can normally get them to bend over backwards for you and do or allow things they wouldnt normally allow. My sister in law says that I should be a lawyer cos even if i say so I am bloody brilliant on the phone!

What did your letter from HR say? If its on company headed paper stating that they are in acceptance with the cheque being paid to you i dont see the problem. Maybe get someone in HR to do this and give thier name as a contact at your employer?

Hope that helps, im not a guru for these things but just a couple of tips!!

Hi Difbear

Im not an expert but I always find that if I call somewhere I get the name of the person that i speak to and their dept, location and who thier manager is along with a direct number if im chasing. Guess its just my time dealing with people in insurance companies but Im totally suspicious so tend to assume that people wont do what they say they will until they prove me wrong!

Id say that you call back, (wont rail office have opening tomorrow??) and ask straight away to speak to a manager, (do you have name?). Say that you need to do this because the manager is failing in calling back and that you waited around all day for a call, (which obviously you did!!) Lay it on really thick and get as much detail as you can. If you can tie them up like this, then you can normally get them to bend over backwards for you and do or allow things they wouldnt normally allow. My sister in law says that I should be a lawyer cos even if i say so I am bloody brilliant on the phone!

What did your letter from HR say? If its on company headed paper stating that they are in acceptance with the cheque being paid to you i dont see the problem. Maybe get someone in HR to do this and give thier name as a contact at your employer?

Hope that helps, im not a guru for these things but just a couple of tips!!

Thanks again for your advice - not so great myself on the phone. I don't think the manager works weekends but I'll pop in for an update anyway.

It was company letter on headed paper signed by the HR manager. Phone numbers for them to clarify the lot.

The good thing is they don't have an address for my employer, only my home address but I'll not risk them just holding on to it.

good luck hun xx

Thanks, Travel Centre just called...and I had a missed call on my mobile earlier. :oops:

They need to speak to their Bank Manager...and couldn't track him down. Will sort it for me on Monday.

Not ideal but at least they are keeping in touch and working on it. :)