Just had a loss adjuster round

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6256 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

Some interesting developments.

Although I'd been verbally "Repudiated" by the LA for failure to maintain my property and verbally turned down by Tesco for pre-existing damage, I had still to receive official confirmation in writing. Therefore I sent a letter last week by recorded delivery as follows:

I still hadn't had a reply a week later so I called yesterday morning to demand a letter. I spoke to a Tesco claims handler who said she would look at the claim and call me back.

At 7pm last night, she did call back. She said that although the damage probably did start to occur before my cover started with Tesco, she was satisfied that I didn't know about it and was allowing the claim.

I was speechless............

She's therefore instructing the LA to contact my builders to agree a price. I only truly believe it when it happens, I'm a sceptic, but it's looking rather promising.

Thank you all who took the time and effort to read and reply to my post. I will pop in when I can to see if I can offer assistance to anone else who has a problem in myfield of expertise.

CHEERS GUYS :D

Great news - I had a simialr thing happen last year and the claim was in the region of £8K, but the loss adjuster was great, even paid out extra when the work started for concealed damage.

Hi

I will be having a loss adjuster on Monday (Insurance with Barclays) are you saying that the loss adjusters are there to try not to pay your claim??I will like to be prepared for them.

The ywork for th insurance co, but they are not all bad.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Hi

I will be having a loss adjuster on Monday (Insurance with Barclays) are you saying that the loss adjusters are there to try not to pay your claim??I will like to be prepared for them.

My LA worked for GAB Robins who are a huge international company and was instructed by Tesco. I would imagine that part of their job will be to mitigate losses for the Ins Co as much as possible, either to cut down on an agreed claim or to disallow when possible. i have no proof that they are targeted but when I spoke to an Independent LA off the record, he said that LAs would aim for a 20% reduction in costs.

Don't take the visit on Monday too lightly.

What sort of damage did you suffer?

GAB will undoubtedly work on behalf of the insurers and yes, will mitigate losses. That is part of their job but primarily to prevent fraudulent claims and calculate quantum. They do have a reasonable reputation ad I doubt that they will try to "sting" you.

Keep us informed though.

:p :p If my advice as been of help, please give me a quick click on the scales to your right ;) ;) :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I called tesco to find out why nothing appears to be happening and was told specifically that the LA was informed the claim was to proceed during a phone call on 11th April at 11:56am.

I spoke to the LA to find out what was causing the delay and she denies being given the go ahead.

i called Tesco back and their adviser said she is still arguing that my claim shouldn't be met despite Tesco agreeing and insisting it proceed.

Does this seem strange to anyone else?

Yes,

Tesco pay the Adjuster, the adjuster proceeds on what Tesco says!

If GAB delay the claim anymore, ask Tescos to instruct GAB Robins to "take the claim out of delegated authority and to proceed on the instructions they have previously advised"

That should do the trick

Abbey - owed £3260 - Paid up.

Barclays owed £2500 - Paid up.

Halifax, Mint & Egg - next on the hit list

Dont click on the scales - I'm quite proud of my little red dot! - As the little red dot has gone - click away!!!!

Thanks craigwalton

I got Tesco to take it up GAB Robins expressing my concern at the actions or lack of action of this LA. The case has now been transferred to their Manchester Office. Strange as i am in London (East) and the original LA is in Essex.

• 2 weeks later...

Update

The manchester office of GAB Robins contacted me (very promptly) and informed me to go ahead and instruct the builders, they aren't even going to try and negotiate on the price.

Builders are coming in the morning.

Thanks again for all you time and advice.