BT to charge £5.00 if you leave them.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6277 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If you wish to leave BT, from May 2007, you will be charged £5.00. This should make BT many £'millions as a large number of customers move away each year. Instead of attempting to resolve the issues causing customers to leave, they will focus on making a few quick bucks. Ironic, provide a bad service, treat your customers with contempt then impose a £5.00 penalty charge if the customer goes to another provider.

It would be interesting to know what "service" they will be providing you with that justifies this "fee..." - to me it sounds like a penalty...

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Guest Battleaxe

yesterday got a call from BT, reminding me my phone bill is due, I only got it last week. Please pay now and avoid the late payment fee. this was all computerised.

Looks like I am going to be claiming back late payment fees, I never agreed to this penalty. i will be paying my bill as I usually do on the 28th.

BT take note, we are onto your game

Hi,

I think BT have scrubbed this fee after speaking to OFCOM, but I'm sure it will reappear as something else later.

Abbey - £1100 - Court 18/05/07 - Won in Full 12/05/07

First Direct - Next (pending as 6+ years)

MBNA - PPI charges - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Started 10/05/07