Our very good friend as seen on Whistleblower

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6179 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All

Time to expose myself I suppose. Bankfodder has encouraged me to join the conversations so I can clarify what I said last night. As Bankfodder has mentioned elsewhere on the site, the clip shown last night was just a tiny part of the filming. I need to clarify that the true cost of returning unpaid items when you have gone overdrawn is LESS THAN £2 as I said verbally. NOT 9p as some of you appear to have picked up from the spreadsheet. The spreadsheet was me explaining to Amanda how it worked & we used a simple debit & credit transaction to illustrate this. The BBC in true media style have shown the clip in such a way as to make it appear that I was showing the charges sheet.

Hope this clears things up a bit.

• Haha 1

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter" - Martin Luther King Jr

Hey no problem. And these replies are just reminding me why I did it in the first place.

Caro, you've got to take a bit of the credit here too because if it wasn't for you spotting my little message in the first place, and referring me to Bankfodder, this would never have come about.

And by the way, for anyone who hasn't met Bankfodder, he's a lovely bloke. He's been there supporting me every step of the way.

Well, that's enough trumpet blowing for one day. Off to work we go.:D

• Haha 1

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter" - Martin Luther King Jr

Jules,

What do you mean? I'm an avid pigeon fancier and after a long day down't pit I like nuthin more that a pint of tetleys, then a long walk wi't whippit.

Seriously though, I didn't realise at the beginning of this journey that my little bit of info could be so useful to so many. It was just what I did (I repeat DID) for a living. Never even realised that the banks were not allowed to profit from their charges.

Learn something new every day don't you.

• 1 month later...

Reds, just to let you know, I had already left the bank when I did the Whistleblower piece.

Thank you for your sentiments. It is good to know that I may have helped a few people by doing what I did.

And thanks, I can feel the positive vibes already :D