08707210020???

jadzia
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6218 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does anyone know who this phone number belongs to?,they called for my husband,then they wouldnt leave a message,said they couldnt say who they were or why they were calling because of data protection:confused:

They're a company trying to gather personal information which they will then sell on. Report it to your telecoms provider as harrassment. They make a pretence of being able to better insurance quotes etc but they're actually looking for unguarded responses to questions.

Guest strangewayofsavin

there is a chance it could be a tracing agency, it is a similar number to the one that found me for the department of works and pensions, i think the last 3 numbers are 600, ignore them.

there is a chance it could be a tracing agency' date=' it is a similar number to the one that found me for the department of works and pensions, i think the last 3 numbers are 600, ignore them.[/quote']

If that were the case. I would have expected them to answer when the punter rings back.

It's more likely to be a Debt Collection Agency trying to get hubby to confirm an address before sending out letters requesting payment. This is a very common tactic to try and trace people...many on the Debt forums have experienced this. Once they have hubby on the 'phone, they will then come out with all kinds of bowlarks to frighten him into paying up.

If they ask for hubby... or hubby answers... just say that the person they want to speak to doesn't live here.

If they have an address, they will write. If this happens, come onto the Debt forum for advice because there is a lot you can do. Whatever happens though, do not have any dealings with them over the 'phone !! This is what they are always hoping for.... to intimidate and frighten people into paying debts that in some cases, they do not have any legal right to pursue.

:)

Thats what i told them,sorry he doesnt live here anymore,but i can get a message to him when he comes to see the kids!,im very suspicious by nature and you can tell they are up to no good cos they never answer straight away when you pickup,usually i just hang up before they get a chance to speak,but i was curious as to who they were looking for(its usually me!!!)

• 2 weeks later...

A few points:

a) Its your phone, your home, your time... you are not obligated to answer the phone

b) Data Protection Act? I cant recall the Data Protection Act mentioning non-disclosure of company names... the DPA is solely for protection of Personal Information etc. and doesnt cover no MI6 Secret Service style Confidentiality procedures, surely?

c) Its likely to be an outgoing number only - so you wont be able to ring it back

d) Could be a [problem], however, i heard its an HBOS line setup to recover debt.

e) 0870 721 XXXX is allocated to telecom provider Redstone Communications Ltd

f) You can opt out via the Telephone Preference system, all the calls are unsolicited , by law once you have they cant ring you any more - all telemarketing etc. have to follow those rules, if those people are debt collectors they are exempt, but as its directed at someone who does not live at that address they have to - if they ring again perhaps you should tell them that - maybe give them his new number?

g) ofcom doesnt do anything to protect consumers - you probably heard about the blue peter [problem]... but its happened along time before that - Nexus sends a billion junk text messages a year - they get fined a few grand... they should really have their license taken away.

Re TPS: I used to work for a double glazing company who just used to rip pages out of a telephone book and we had to go down the list and call everyone on it, so, even if you are listed with the TPS you could still get a call because your number is listed in an old phone book in an shabby office somewhere. Crazy isn't it? Obviously I left because of alsorts of other bad practices there, and of course I was a student so it was just a fill in job, thank Gawd, I couldn't have participated in that full time!

:DABBEY-WON! £1,359.34

:confused:CAPITAL ONE WON £1,523.27+£39court fees.

Its not too much the phone calls... its the sales guys who cant take no for an answer and ring you like 20 times a day..

This is an illegal practice. It also falls foul of the Protection from Harrassment Act, the Communications Act 2003 and several other pieces of malicious communications legislation. Note down every call; dates times etc and report them via Consumer Direct to Trading Standards.

Since I registered with TPS I get virtually no unsolicited calls.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Since I registered with TPS I get virtually no unsolicited calls.

I agree. I was ex-directory anyway but still used to get a few, now I get none and it costs nowt to register.

A little less conspiracy minded. Have you just applied for a current account or anything that's covered by the new money laundering laws?

I had an absolutely identical experience a few days after I applied for a new current account but wasn't in when they rang. Same explanation everything.

Then again I may be wrong in the association, it just seemed natural at the time but could be coincidence.

The 08707210020 number belongs to a company called Blair Endersby (http://www.blairendersby.com). Hope that this helps.

Mike

If I've helped tip my scales

Blair Oliver & Scott, £2500 written off December 2006 Default removed January 2007:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/56001-mike220359-blair-oliver-scott.html

Monument, didn't sign the agreement

:D

Lloyds TSB didn't sign the agreement!

Citicards, didn't sign the agreement

RBS tut, tut!

:rolleyes:

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

:rolleyes:

strangewayofsavin vbmenu_register("postmenu_662729", true); would that number have been 027112003600 if so they have tried calling for my OH and when I said she is not in they just hung up. Last time they called I told them to hang on whilst I found her and quizzed them as to who they were but they would not even pass me that information saying they were bound by the Data Protection Act and that they would only tell my OH then hung up. Tried calling back on all occaisions and you just get a single tone. Last call was a few weeks ago and not heard from them since and they never did talk to my OH!!!! :confused:

HSBC (£3722.80) MCOL Filed 12th June 07

transfered to Horsham County Court AQ dispensed with but fee still payable. AQ fee payed and added to claim. Case allocated to small claims track - due to be heard 30th August 07 - 2nd Nudge to DG sent (04/08/07)

Virgin Media (Complete Incompetance and refund of bank charges) - Letter to MD Customer Care - sent 24th May 2007 - resolved, refunded and 9 months free TV

British Credit Trust - VT to be started