Wp Vs Lloyds Bank - **WON**

wp
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1911 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

just filled in the claim form at moneyclaim.co.uk ,previously sent 2 letters to lloyds asking for £405 back in charges. got 2 pre-printed letters back telling me i wasnt getting it back ,waited until the 14 days was up and filed a claim.cost £50 but hey if i get i back its worth it......i`ll keep u posted.

• 2 weeks later...

bank now intending 2 defend claim ,suppose i must wait until 28 days 2 find out what the outcome will be...

just a quick question..when do i start to collect my evidence 4 the courts i.e put my case together,shall i do it now or wait until the court date is set.....

It is unlikely to get to an actual hearing, but there's no harm in getting everything prepared now 'just in case'.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 3 weeks later...

just recieved a letter from martineau johnson saying "we suggest you re-read the particulars of the claim.you have clearly used a precedent without inserting the correct information,and the particulars of claim are incomprehensible".

they then invite me to provide details of account-charges claimed and full dteails of interest.

they then say they will give me 7 days to provide these or they will ask the court to strike out the claim.

wot does this mean and wheres my court question aire..

Hi wp,

Could you post the particulars of your claim here so we can see it and comment? It sounds as though Lloyd's solicitors have spotted an error in your claim, and are looking for a way to squirm out.

As for the schedule of charges - have you filled out the spreadsheet with interest? Presumably you have as you have already filed the claim. Lloyd's solicitors are after a copy of this so they can verify what you are claiming - they are within their rights to do so.

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

i havent got a scanner so i just condensed it to what the letter basically said.

i was under the impression that i would recieve a court allocation questionare in which i could put down all the info they needed..

hi wp,

The particulars of the claim are your reasons for filing the claim - the paragraph of no more than 1000 words and 26 lines which you would have had to enter to file your claim online through http://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk. The solicitors are suggesting there's something wrong with it: Without seeing it, there's not a lot we can do to help.

The court allocation questionnaire comes after Lloyds have filed their defense with the small claims court. Have they done so, yet?

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

ps claim number is 6qz32662.

they have also sent a list of info stating that i was aware of the charges ect.and that the bank is suppling a service..if they can fill out a 2 page letter stating this then surely they know what the claim is about..

We really need to see what your claim says before we can make a comment ,I know its a pain but if you are unable to scan it you will have to type it in here .Might be a lot of work but better then getting your claim struck out.

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

In addition to what reload said could you also let us know what the letter said in full?

I wouldn't worry too much. Judging by this firm solicitors it wouldn't surprise me if this was a scare tactic. I am sure once we have all the information in context we can get this resolved.

Lloyds TSB - £972

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 20/07/06***

Woolwich - £2288

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent.

Offered half

Moneyclaim filed online 02/08/06

Judgement filed online 23/08/06

WARRANT FILED ONLINE 30/08/06

MONEY RECEIVED BY BALIFF 04/10/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 09/10/06***

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 07/07/06***

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

ps claim number is 6qz32662.

they have also sent a list of info stating that i was aware of the charges ect.and that the bank is suppling a service..if they can fill out a 2 page letter stating this then surely they know what the claim is about..

that is a standard response . if you look at my claim mjanet v lloyds then you will see I have the same reply and have put their replys in my thread

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

RE: Lloyds defense, have you actually recieved notification from the bank that Lloyds have filed a defense? Usually includes a copy of that defense for you to read. Also - your status on http://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk will probably say 'defense filed' if they have done so.

As mjanet says though - we really, really need to see the particulars of claim if we're going to help make any corrections necessary for you.

NO , don't do anything until you have shown us what your claim says

doubts.

You are receiving the usual treatment from the solicitors. It has all been referred to many times in this forum and in this section.

have you read through the materila. If not, then you should do.

Send them a schedule of charges. You should already have done so.

Even if your particulars was not correctly punctuated, Martineau has received anough of them - and settled every one - to know what it is all about and the court will understand fully as well.

600 years ago a claim could fail because of a comma in the wrong place. Most of us have moved on since then - clearly some haven't.

Send them a schedule of charges without coment.

Check your punctuation on your POC. Give it to two or three peope to read and if they cannot make head nor tail of it either then you know there is a problem. Correct it and send a corrected version to Martineau and to the ocurt. Just press on but if your POC is difficult to follow because of poor wording or puncutation then you shoudl probably ask yourself why did you send it out like that.

Read the forum material throughly and you won't get into panics.

Don't worry, nothing you have done is fatal.

if they want to have the clim struck out then it will mean a cosy little hearing in front of a judge who will be fed up and realise that it is a solicitor just getting techical with a layperson and that at their age they should know better.

And so should their client.

here goes with the letter ....

dear sir

yourself v lloyds tsb

we are in receipt of your claim against our client lloyds tsb.we suggest you re-read the particulars of claim.you have clearly used a precedent without inserting the correct information,and the particulars of claim are incomprehensible.we enclose a copy of our letter to the court on this issue.

we invite you,within the next 7 days to :

1.provide us with full details of the account reffered.

2.give details of the charges claimed,specifying each and every charge and when debited:and

3 full details of the interest claimed,with dates and amounts.

in the event that you do not provide these, we will ask the court to strike out your claim.

to preserve our clients position,however we have filed a defence without prejudice to our intention that your claim is an abuse and a copy of that defence is attached.

yours

martineau johnson

they then attach a copy which reads

we act for the defendant in this matter and enclose our clients defence.a copy id being sent to the claiment.we have filed this defence without prejidice to the defendant`s right to strike out this claim which is frankly incomprehensible.the claiment has clearly used a precedent ,but has failed to complete any relevent information.we refer this matter to the court and ask taht this claim be considered an abuse ,pursuant to cpr 3.4.we have written to the claiment today to sak for full particulars , and in the absence of thes we beleive tha claiment should be struck out.the defence is filed without prejudice this contention.

so what next

take BF's advice :D

doubts.

Yes karevil is right, I suppose that we do need to see a copy of your POC so that we can understand how bad it is

• Confused 1

i will get it off money claim but i think if i remember rightly i did`nt put 2 much details only my acc number and claim for unlawful bank charges, also pasted and copied the interest bit you have 2 put in ---i will try to get it to show you...

plus how do i rectify it

your link doesn't seem to be working.

Lloyds TSB - £972

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 20/07/06***

Woolwich - £2288

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent.

Offered half

Moneyclaim filed online 02/08/06

Judgement filed online 23/08/06

WARRANT FILED ONLINE 30/08/06

MONEY RECEIVED BY BALIFF 04/10/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 09/10/06***

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 07/07/06***

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1911 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks