PPI on Car insurance

nicho1120
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6288 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wonder if anybody can help me. I have car insurance fully comp with 12 monthly installments. I have just noticed that I have also being paying PPI on this policy.It only amounts to £48.73 for the year but thats no the point. I didint require this and have not asked for it. Do you think i should just write to them and ask for a refund and cancel the policy?? I would interested to hear if anybody else has come across this in their policy ???

Hi Nicho,

Seems that PPI is being added to instalment agreements now. Another way to make a fast buck as no doubt if you needed to claim there would be a get out clause somewhere.

Can you advise if this is the insurer providing the finanace or a separate agreement via a broker. Can you confrim broker, insurer and credit provider ?

Did you sign an instalment agreement ? Was anything on there which refereed to PPI ?

As PPI is an insurance agreement they are governed by the FSA and you should have been supplied with a factsheet.

At this point I would not cancel the finance agreement as that may invalidate your car polcy.

:p :p If my advice as been of help, please give me a quick click on the scales to your right ;) ;) :)

The insurance is with an ex football league sponsor E********. The insurance was just automatically started as a renewal from last 12 month insurance period. I have got a letter saying that it does include the PPI and has a very small section about Key facts. It does state that the insurance can be cancelled within 14 days but this doesnt state whether that is just the whole policy or cancelling the PPI. I didnt need the PPI as I was already covered through work. As far as I am aware I didnt sign anything and the renewal quote has just come through the PPI automatically on, i didn't request it. What should I do ???? The PPI is with Sterling Insurance Limited even though I only pay 1 premium to E********.

The insurance is with an ex football league sponsor E********. The insurance was just automatically started as a renewal from last 12 month insurance period. I have got a letter saying that it does include the PPI and has a very small section about Key facts. It does state that the insurance can be cancelled within 14 days but this doesnt state whether that is just the whole policy or cancelling the PPI. I didnt need the PPI as I was already covered through work. As far as I am aware I didnt sign anything and the renewal quote has just come through the PPI automatically on, i didn't request it. What should I do ???? The PPI is with Sterling Insurance Limited even though I only pay 1 premium to E********.

Is this a case of insurance for your insurance. Well I never:eek: They will stop at nothing to make money out of you.

Thats a bit sneaky. It sounds like they just put it on and hope nobody notices it before the fourteen days are up and after that your stuffed.

I would write to the company who you took out your insurance with and ask for all monies you have paid for ppi refunded and you wish it to be cancelled.

That company makes commission for every ppi they apply to their insurance. Stand firm and do it. End of!!!!!

Have a look at the ppi section there is lots of info on that forum regarding ppi. Maybe start a thread on there because it is the ppi part you are trying to get refunded back.

Good luck anyway

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

I have seen some direct debit schemes include PPI at no extra cost maybe this is the case with their scheme.

If you are unsure of what something means on their paperwork just phone and ask them as surely its better to ask the insurer first so you know exactly where you stand with them.

EDIT - Just realised you said there was a charge of £48. for this. :oops:

Cahoot - Rejection of offer sent 14/06/07

Barclaycard - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 22/03/07

As stated above, this is totally underhand.

Contact the broker & demand that this is refunded to you. The agreement will no doubt be via a finance provider such as Premium Credit but E...... has to sort this out for you.

Whatever you do though, do not cancel your DD as the broker will cancel the policy.

Bearing in mind the target market for this broker (Students) I very much doubt that the PPI would pay out anyway but when they are probably getting 40% commission will they care !!!

:p :p If my advice as been of help, please give me a quick click on the scales to your right ;) ;) :)

As stated above, this is totally underhand.

Contact the broker & demand that this is refunded to you. The agreement will no doubt be via a finance provider such as Premium Credit but E...... has to sort this out for you.

Whatever you do though, do not cancel your DD as the broker will cancel the policy.

Bearing in mind the target market for this broker (Students) I very much doubt that the PPI would pay out anyway but when they are probably getting 40% commission will they care !!!

In a nutshell absolutely No not a chance, laughing all the way to the cash machine.:mad: me thinks

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW