Paypal withdraw

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6267 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Any advice would be great, in September 2006 I had €415 in my paypal account, withdrew the money into my account, but I mixed up 2 digits on my bank account, so the money did not go into my account. Paypal said they would put on a trace to see where my money is last september, i still have not got the results of the trace or my money. I have sent about 100 emails, about 40 phone calls and nothing, i cannot ever speak to anyone the traces department.

5 days the paypals policy says to get your money back.

Any ideas on how to get my money back?

Thanks,

K

Here's my paypal dilema, i sold a mobile phone before xmas, the buyer received it, decided it was not what he wanted, then contacted paypal and raised a dispute saying the item was not as described. (how could it not be as descibed? its a phone!) Paypal investigated and miraculously sided with the buyer and gave him a full refund including postage from my account. I emailed them asking for an investigation, and tried to tell them it was a fraudulant claim, but get this, you can not tell them it is a fraudulant claim or do anything about it, until you have reimbursed the buyer in full!! my account was £6 short for the full refund so they gave him what was in it and expect me to make up the difference. so basicaly the whole thing is in limbo, im not giving them another penny and they are doing nothing either...........its a shambles and a disgrace.

Hi All,

Any advice would be great, in September 2006 I had €415 in my paypal account, withdrew the money into my account, but I mixed up 2 digits on my bank account, so the money did not go into my account. Paypal said they would put on a trace to see where my money is last september, i still have not got the results of the trace or my money. I have sent about 100 emails, about 40 phone calls and nothing, i cannot ever speak to anyone the traces department.

5 days the paypals policy says to get your money back.

Any ideas on how to get my money back?

Thanks,

K

Did you transpose two digits on the account number or the sort code? If it was the account number, call your branch/bank helpline and explain to them - also explain that paypal have refused to help. Your bank should be able to trace the transfer and give you your money direct. If you transposed two digits on the sort code, you should ask your brach to advise you which branch the sort code you used relates to. This however relies on you remembering/being able to find out what sort code you used.

If either the sort code or account number you used were INVALID, then I believe that PayPal may have retained your money unlawfully as the credit instruction will have bounced back at them immediately. In this case I would immediately issue a Letter Before Action to PayPal and carry it through if they do not respond.

for both of you

it is ver easy for any bank to trace it once they know the transaction number.

dx100uk;)

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It was 2 digits on my account number

If either the sort code or account number you used were INVALID, then I believe that PayPal may have retained your money unlawfully as the credit instruction will have bounced back at them immediately. In this case I would immediately issue a Letter Before Action to PayPal and carry it through if they do not respond.

Any idea how to word the letter, my bank told me that they automaticly send it back after 5 days, so Paypal have my money unlawfully. Its 6 six months should i add on 8% or something like that to my letter or stress, they have caused enough.

Thanks Tom and all

K

It was 2 digits on my account number

Any idea how to word the letter, my bank told me that they automaticly send it back after 5 days, so Paypal have my money unlawfully. Its 6 six months should i add on 8% or something like that to my letter or stress, they have caused enough.

Thanks Tom and all

K

Your bank may well usually send credits back after 5 days when they go to an invalid account number - have you actually checked with the bank in this case, though, that the account number you used WAS invalid? It may have been someone else's account! If it wasn't, then your letter (with a copy to your bank) should say stuff like "I can confirm that my bank have returned the funds to you before and therefore I require you to reimburse those funds into my PayPal account within seven days. If you have not done so at the end of that time I will issue a claim in the County Court without further notice to yourself."

On the tenth day after you posted it, if your money is not there, issue your claim. (CPR specifies that a letter is deemed received two days after posting). Your claim should include 8%pa interest from the day the money was transferred back to PayPal by the bank. DON'T try to include any interest in your letter - just include the original amount.

• 4 weeks later...