capital one reply

iman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6661 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent the standard 7 day letter asking for refund of all charges made to my account since 2001 when i opened the account. I cited the DPA and asked for a breakdown of all the charges.

I posted the letter by registered post on monday 20th February and i received a letter dated 24th february which arrived today (1st march). It was the usual standard letter which included the following paragraphs:

"in your letter, you specfically mention the late payment and over limit fees that we've added since we opened your account in 2001. When your balance is more than your credit limit we automatically add a £20 over limit fee. Similarly, when we don't receive a payment for the minimum amount advised on your statement, we'll add a £20 late payment fee. I can assure you that our fees are in line with other banks and financial institutions".

"i know this may not be the answer you'r hoping for, but i hope i've explained things clearly. I've included our leaflet for your records, as it explains our complaints procedure and my address".

Needless to say i am extremely frustrated with their response. Not only did they take time responding, they also did not address my questions. There was no mention of the request for breakdown of charges. Also the complaint leaflet was not included and neither was the letter writers address as it stated in the letter.

If they took this long replying with a standard letter god knows how long it will take them to produce statements or breakdown of charges. Should i just write again and tell them i will be proceeding with the online claim (taking this approach: i expect not to claim no more than £xx. xx) if the money is not refunded back by the end of this week.

I got the same letter from Cap One. Happily they also included in the letter exactly how much they have charged me over the last 6 years. No need for DPA so I've issued the claim based on their figures.

Clearly it would be pointless to respond to their letter (which fails to answer your enquiry, completely misses the point about the charges being a penalty, etc.) save to send them your £10 for copy statements and then issue once you have them.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support their.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6661 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks