would you ring the abbey?

CHLOEJ
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6305 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi

i'm at the stage now waiting for a track at small claims,having handed in my allocation form last thursday

i'm wondering wether i should try and speak to the person ,at abbey,who is dealing with my claim and try to reach a settlement out of court

what does anyone think? or should i just carry on the full route to court?

advice will be greatly received

cj:)

My perosnal view is not to speak to them.

If you are really confident, know the legalities of your claim inside out and wont be intimidated or encourage to accept less than youre entitled to then thats fine.

Many people are not in this position and on that basis if you ring, you are likley to get less than you want.

incidentally it seems to me that the bank will settle when they are ready, they may respond to a phone call, chances are you will increases the stress to yourself with litte benifit and possibly some detriment to your claim.

JMHO

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

:) thanx for that glenn

i was just toying with the idea,but i'm not really lgally minded so i'll just carry on with the court proceedings

as a rule do you know how long the timescale is to getting a court date and how many months do you normally have to wait to the actual court date?

cj;)

Hi Chloe,

It can take a lomg time depending. Have a look at this

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/30909-kerrie-abbey-5.html

but don't let it put you off

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

Chloe

i dont think there is a set timeframe as such, different banks seem to have different stategies which impacts on the time taken for a settlement.

other factors seem to be the complexity of the claim, my claim against abbey included charges older than six years, contractual interest and default removal, i have more or less settled except for the issue of costs, it has taken over 8 months.

others have had settlements in a couple of months.

HTH

glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Hi Chloej,

I would not think there is any "pressure" on Abbey to resolve this as yet, however once you get the court date this will change things.

For now read as much as you can to prepare yourself and wait for the hearing date.

Regards

BB

Any advise offered is my own opinion, and if in doubt, always seek clarification.

If you found it helpful or useful please click the scales on the left.

Any advise offered is my own opinion, and if in doubt, always seek clarification.

[

Guest louis wu

Hi chloe,

you'll find the basic court bundle in this link

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/33060-basic-court-bundle.html

Dont be put of when you first see it, its not as daunting as it looks. You dont have to start preparing it yet, but have a read of it and get a feel for whats required. Some of the legal stuff is pretty heavy going, but again, just get a feel for it, it will get easier to understand the more you look at it.

Best of luck

Louis

thanx for that,there a lot of reading there. lol

is this right

1) correpondence - - - all letters between myself and abbey during this case

2) latest schedule of charges - - -is that what the abbey currently charge or what i have paid out

3) statements - - -are these my bank statements?

sorry to be a pain but i need to get everything spot on

No Probs CJ

It is always best to ask first rather than to regret later.

Correspondence, yes the letters from you to abbey and the helpful replies from them to you.

Schedule of charges is the list of all the charges you are claiming back in this claim.

Statements, I'll have to doublr check that one myself, (need a refresher), yes these will be your statements showing the charges taken.

Regards

BB

[

thanx for that,there a lot of reading there. lol

is this right

1) correpondence - - - all letters between myself and abbey during this case yes that is correct

2) latest schedule of charges - - -is that what the abbey currently charge or what i have paid out that is the same schedule you sent them with your prelim letter and when you put your claim in It would then just be the latest version the charges should still be the smae however, the S69 interest should have gone up as it is calculated on a daily basis.

3) statements - - -are these my bank statements?

Again this is correct but only copy those pages with the charges on them.

sorry to be a pain but i need to get everything spot on

hope that helps