Ombler vs Barclays

Ombler
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6552 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The rate of interest you can claim is 8% APR of your total claim amount, therefore the daily rate of interest is 0.022% (8% divided by 365).

So take your total claim amount (excluding interest and Court fees), and multiply by 0.00022 - this will give you your daily rate of interest.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi can you please keep to your original thread as we have had to merge your threads and ask you on at least 3 occasions.This is for your benefit as when you ask a question you will get a much more informed answer if people are able to look at the history of your claim.It also keeps the forum in order and helps others who are following your claim.

Thanks

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

sorry i thought to ask questions on a general thread so people know what i was saying as it wouldnt be specific to my claim. but will put all in my thread thanks n sorry for the hassle

Guest Mumofthreeboys
Hey people just doing my particulars of claim and i was wondering.

How do i work out the daily rate of interest in £0.00? Do i just divide the ammount as it is now by the number of days since my 1st offence?

Eg

at the mo my interest is £278.93 and my 1st offence was 1832 days ago so is it as simple as 278.93/1832= £0.152

Thanks

Or is it the total ammount intrest and charges together by the number of day? eg 1413.93/1832= £0.771??

Got to your spreadsheet take a note of the amouts then change the date on the computer to tomorrow and the difference is your daily rate - don't forget to put the date back again.

thanks mum but Barcard said that to work it out you need to mulitply the ammount of charges exclue the intrest by 0.00022 that worked for me.

Thanks anyway.

Hows your claim going?

• 2 weeks later...

It's too late to start my own thread. But i'd though i'd say that my claim was acknowledged yesterday, and they've got until August 10th to reply.

Good luck Ombler!

It is not to late to start your own thread as when you win it gives everyone encouragement , so please start a thread , thanks

Hey guys just an update,

Got a letter in the post today from the courts saying that

"An acknowledgement of service of my claim has been filed today, A copy of which is attached. The defendant now has 28 days from the date of service of the claim form to file a defence" It's Dated the 4th of July and signed my a Mr Jeremiah.

Does that mean they got untill the 1st of aug Or 22nd July? ? how long after that can they delay things? anyone at this point????

Info comments as always more than welcome. ;)

The date of issue is when MCOL ran the paperwork off, and sent it to all parties

The date of service is when the banks received the notice.

The date of acknowledgement is when they replyed to that notice.

You have just received a confirmation of acknowledgement of service (from MCOL)

The last date by which they have to file a defence is 28 days from the date of service.

You can find this date from the MCOL paperwork. If it is not shown, you normally allow 3-4 days from the date of issue.

The last date is allways a little bit confused, and the court will allow receipt of a defense a day or two after the deadline (as happened in my case.)

Keep checking the MCOL website for a defense, if none has been posted by 28 days after the date of service, dont assume that a defence will not be accepted by MCOL.

I thought my date had passed, and even applied for a judgement by default, which was accepted (electronically). the next day it was overturned and referred to county court system.

Hope the above is helpful to you.

A

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6552 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks