Am I able to claim?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6296 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a halifax joint account with my husband which we defaulted on and was overdrawn. We are paying the debt back in small amounts each month as we have other priority debts to consider. Am I able to start a claim for charges in the position I am in with the Halifax?

Worried, scared but willing to give it a try.

Hi,

In a word, YES, although you would have to be prepared that they would take what you're owing them first .... but it would still help to clear things

from your end anyway.

You've nothing to lose ;) oh except your sanity :rolleyes:

Just kidding .... go get 'em :)

Tippety toeing where angels fear to tread .... :o

Hey and I thought of that all by my lonesome :cool:

1st Data Protection Act letter Halifax - 30th Sept 2006

Non compliance letter sent 23rd November 2006 :mad:

Preliminary request for repayment sent 11th Dec 06

Reply from the Halifax stating that they're investigating my concerns!!!.... Rec 15th Dec 06

LBA sent 30th December 2006 :mad:

Offer from Halifax of £814.00 - 5th January 2007

Rejection of Settlement Offer - 6th January 2007 ;)

Papers filed at Court - 29th January 2007

:) Settled in Full, 16th March, 2007

Everyone is scared when they first set out - make sure you follow the steps in the forum, take your time and everything will come back to you.

Good luck - don't forget, it's your money (and his), getting it back may ease the burden.......don't forget any credit cards, loans etc that might have charges on them.....:rolleyes:

Ensure that ALL your accounts with the Halilaffs are listed on the SAR, the you pay one amount. Use the SAR in the posts at the start of these threads and adapt it for your own use. Wait 40 calendar days (a long time, but worth it - if nothing after 20, chase them)

Steve

Halifax - paid out without getting to court - £250 WON - no intention of going, stated too costly!!

Halifax no 2 account - paid out without a fight - (by mistake, £1650 - should have been £1200 - had to pay some back)

in a word - no.......unless you want to claim from them as well, but it won't have any detrimental affect on your mortgage account.;)

Halifax - paid out without getting to court - £250 WON - no intention of going, stated too costly!!

Halifax no 2 account - paid out without a fight - (by mistake, £1650 - should have been £1200 - had to pay some back)