MOT Garages

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6031 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Is there a website or something on the internet where you can find good recommended MOT repairers in your local area? My MOT is due, but I don't want to get ripped off like I did last year!!

Thanks

Dani

Their is a maximum amount that garages can harge for MOTs.

You do not have to have the repairs done at the same garage, if your car fails they will tell what it failed on, then you can go to another garage to get it reapired or just phone round for quotes

I know a lot of garages so they will do a seconf mot for free if your car fails and they repair it. Remember that nothing is free and they will probably hide the extra MOT fee in the repair charge.

Thanks for the replies. I will have a scout round at prices near to Leeds. I think I saw a sign for one for £45 so I might have a look at them.

Dani

You should also see if your local council run an MoT centre at a vehicle depot for council vehicles.

These will do you an 'honest' MoT as they have no interest in selling further work/parts

i just felt i had to answer this post, i work for a mot station, and we charge 50.35, with a free re test, in 14 days, we certainly do not hide the cost of a retest in the repairs, as you are free to get them done any where

• 5 months later...
i just felt i had to answer this post, i work for a mot station, and we charge 50.35, with a free re test, in 14 days, we certainly do not hide the cost of a retest in the repairs, as you are free to get them done any where

A great majority work that way and it usually gets them the business of repair.

Also there is no re-mot fee if the car does not leave the garage premises.

I use the local bus depot who do Mot's but do not do repairs so will gain nothing from failing a car unjustly.

• 3 months later...
Is there a website or something on the internet where you can find good recommended MOT repairers in your local area? My MOT is due, but I don't want to get ripped off like I did last year!!

Thanks

Try the goodgaragescheme.co.uk..... I used this website recently and found a fanastic garage I can trust ( ashton under Lyne) Guide Bridge mot and service centre. the goodgaragesheme members give honest quotes and my car is now running as sweet as a nut......