Two Tickets Plymouth city council

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5803 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a parking ticket around the 7th July 2006, my son was driving the car and I did not see the ticket. When the noice to owner arrived. I asked for evidence that a ticket was issued. I was please to see a copy of a ticket,which had true and certified copy on the bottom. The ticket did not have the words "date of issue" top or bottom of the ticket. The ticket was not valid. I appealed to the council, who wrote back with a strange letter, which informed that due to an admin error the incorrect PCN had been printed. and the correct one had been placed on the windscreen with the date of issue and date of contravention. I asked for a copy of the other ticket and NPAS documents as they were not with the notice of rejection. A second notice of rejection arrived with the new ticket. Which does not have the words true certified copy printed on it! This ticket does have the correct words but fails to show the observation time as on the first ticket. Both copies have incorrect information on them and makes the appeal more easy to win.

The problem I have now is I have copies of tickets from a friend of mine, 8 in all. The 5 issued in september 2006 do not have the date of issue on the bottom of the ticket and I know that tickets issued in prior to this date did not have date of issue on the top or bottom. These I believe are simular format to the first copy sent to me. The other 3 ticket issued in October are the correct format and legal.

I believe that the local council have reproduce a ticket to make it look legal for the July period.The second ticket sent has been made up by an employee of the Council to avoid a can of worms opening up about them giving out illegal tickets. I am sure that they did not start isssuing correct PCN until October. This cannot be a legal act! I have some evidence but would like more.

Who do I speak to about this or what can I do to bring this to the attention of an authority. Is this act fraud?

If you are already in the apeals process and they are concocting tickets with a date of issue and the original didn't have one. Thats called perverting the course of justice which I think carries a custodial sentence.

Which Council is this. A Freedom of Information Request seems the order of the day.

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

Plymouth city council. How do I go about asking for the information and how much do I have to pay? How long do they have to reply?

You can write to the Council or contact them through their website

Welcome to the Plymouth City Council Homepage

You need to request under the FoI Act the dates that the Council changed the format of their PCN's since 1st January 2006 and the changes that were made.

It shouldn't cost anything as the info should be readily available.

I think they have around 40 days to comply with a request.

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

• 1 year later...
If you are already in the apeals process and they are concocting tickets with a date of issue and the original didn't have one. Thats called perverting the course of justice which I think carries a custodial sentence.

Which Council is this. A Freedom of Information Request seems the order of the day.

8 tickets for the same contravention??