• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Ge Money Refusingis This Right?**WON**

archer_66
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6198 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

thanks parkvale.that page for the consumer act 1974 wont open for some reason and when i found it thru google that wouldnt open either?!

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

next-CCA turns up after they have committed offence,(30 days) S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) time!

monument -CCA not signed reported to TS for harrassment 1st letter sent TS are useless

associates visa-no CCA

think there might be a pattern here!?:lol:

GE Money- won

barclaycard-- N1 put into court

capital one - won

NatWest- won

never lose sight of your goal!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ive found it on a different page!;)

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

next-CCA turns up after they have committed offence,(30 days) S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) time!

monument -CCA not signed reported to TS for harrassment 1st letter sent TS are useless

associates visa-no CCA

GE Money- won

capital one - won

NatWest- won

well ive received another letter off GE today saying that they acknowledge my letter.but then say nothing else about it! then they go on to say theyre terminating my agreement and that ive asked to voluntarily hand back my car for auction!!! they also enclosed a form for me to say so!!! i cant believe the cheek of these people! i filed an N1 into court yesterday for them .ive wrote a letter back saying i have not asked to surrender the car and id like to see a signed letter saying so! also reminding then that the account is in dispute and that ive filed a claim into court against them! they really get my back up!

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

associates visa-no CCA

GE Money- won

capital one - won

NatWest- won

ok the cheeky beggars sent me the other day 3 letters in one envelope.one was saying they were asking for me to voluntarily surrender the car.the other was saying that theyve noted i have asked to voluntarily surrender the car and to sign enclosed form.cant remember what the other was! then yesterday they sent me a form saying id asked to have my payments reduced and to fill in an income and expenditure form! id love to see these letters ive sent!

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

associates visa-no CCA

GE Money- won

capital one - won

NatWest- won

ARCHER 66,

They are acting somewhat strange i think. Joking apart be careful. Their are alot of legalities involved here . In which i am no legal eagle. Have you taken any legal advice or maybe your local trading standards or citizen advice people. For - warned is for -armed.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

yes ive spoken to the trading standards who have said that under no circumstances voluntarily surrender the car as any judge will be on my side if they take me to court.i was on the phone for ages.thanks for the concern

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

associates visa-no CCA

GE Money- won

capital one - won

NatWest- won

archer 66,

Pleasure. The beauty about this great site is the help you can receive. I am pleased you are back on track now with some good solid advice. Onwards and upwards .

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

yep! GE originally said theyd only accept reduced payments if i handed the car back,so i think it was a follow on from the previous letters. all i owe is the charges they owe me, they should have their court letter by now :D 5 days for serving is up today

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

associates visa-no CCA

GE Money- won

capital one - won

NatWest- won

Things are started to look alot clearer now . They have tryed to fudge everything. Now you are overflowing with confidence. Hit them where it hurts. In their coffers , :D

lol! yea im waiting to hear if the N1 has been served yet....its been 6 days:D

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

associates visa-no CCA

GE Money- won

capital one - won

NatWest- won

• 2 weeks later...

its been served! they have until the 16th April to reply! ;)

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

associates visa-no CCA

GE Money- won

capital one - won

NatWest- won

And counting ;)

yea !:D but ill try not to think about it too much like the bank one,otherwise i might go mad !

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

associates visa-no CCA

GE Money- won

capital one - won

NatWest- won

Mad ! Like the rest of us.;)

well no ones ever accused me of being sane yet! so i must fit in!

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

associates visa-no CCA

GE Money- won

capital one - won

NatWest- won

lol i hope ur not insinuating anything !

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

associates visa-no CCA

GE Money- won

capital one - won

NatWest- won

Who me ? rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

:rolleyes:

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

associates visa-no CCA

GE Money- won

capital one - won

NatWest- won

well theyve sent an acknowledgement of service this morning :(

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

associates visa-no CCA

GE Money- won

capital one - won

NatWest- won

Served around 4th April. So within 2 weeks to acknowledge. Now wait for defence.

Good luck.

yea they had til the 16th to reply.thanks ,i think ill need it the way things are at the moment!

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

associates visa-no CCA

GE Money- won

capital one - won

NatWest- won

• 2 weeks later...

ok ive had a letter off their solicitors (i think!)

it says

"we have been instructed by our above noted clients to contact you in regard to the above

we confirm your arrears currently stand at the amount quoted above and we cannot allow these arrears to increase any further."

then at the bottom after asking me to contact them it says "please do not ignore this correspondence,call today,failure to do so may result in an agent being instructed to call at you premises or legal proceedings being instigated against you incurring additional costs"

ok so they obviously havent realised im taking them to court already!

do you think i should write them a letter saying ive issued court proceedings? theve already sent their acknowledgement in !

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

associates visa-no CCA

GE Money- won

capital one - won

NatWest- won

Won't do any harm. Hee, Hee, WHAT A BUNCH OF PLONKERS. Good luck.

lol ur telling me! ill write them tomorrow....theyre time is up monday for a defence as well i hope they 4get!

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

associates visa-no CCA

GE Money- won

capital one - won

NatWest- won