DejaVu Vs Natwest

DejaVu
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5973 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just put my head down and thought about it for a second. As the account is £1,900 in debt, it's for charges and an OD she didnt pay and they went up and up, without being paid, so may not be entitle to get it back in cash, although for perhaps, the stress it has caused.

It's all getting a tad confusing.

-EDIT-

If the wife gets here account re-instated and the £2000 odd is added back to her account. It would then mean, as long as the OD still stands and the bank re-instate the account, she would have a £1000 credit + her existing overdraft still available (£1,000).

Would they do that or decide to withdraw the OD?

And the phone number for Mr Stuart Higley (mentioned in the letter above to contact him) is only a Fax number... What's the point of that!!?? I aint got a Fax anymore (or ever had!) Dumb! A simple Telephone number would be nice!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bog standard 'gesture of goodwill' offer - that's what the letter is. However, if they're offering a full refund of all charges and you haven't filed at court yet I'd strongly advise you to accept this.

With regards to the outstanding debt issue - can I just play devil's advocate for one mo and say that at least the charges would clear the debt ensuring your wife is then free and clear from nat west with an extra grand to spare as well? No more making arrangements to pay, no more debt collectors letters, etc.

Sorry I can't give a fuller answer at the mo............ I'm in work!!!

Good luck with the decision making x ;)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

I have just been in contact with NatWest about the charges since my claim had started and they told me to send a letter along with my acceptance.

Do you think this is acceptable?

Stuart Higley

Natwest Customer Relations

National Westminster House

225 Shenley Road

Borehamwood

Hertfordshire

WD6 1BR

[MY ADDRESS]

Re: [ACCOUNT NUMBERS]

Dear Stuart Higley

After receiving your recent correspondence regarding your ‘gesture of goodwill’, I am willing to accept the offer as long as any charges that appeared on my account since my original claim letter are removed along with the reoccurring ones that have created the ‘snowball’ effect, you will notice that since my original claim letter I ceased using my account and will continue to do so until this matter is resolved, these charges include :

30 Apr 2007 CHG 30MAR A/C - 28.00

31 May 2007 CHG 04MAY A/C - 28.00

29 Jun 2007 CHG 01JUN A/C - 28.00

As well as the pending charge to be applied to my account at the end of July 07.

With these waived, I’ll accept your offer for both my accounts (ACCOUNT NUMBERS). The settlements will need to be credited to my original account – [ACCOUNT] as the 2nd account is now closed.

Once this has been completed, this case can be officially closed and I will not take it any further.

Yours sincerely

[ME]

I am planning on stapling this to my acceptance letter and obviously keeping copies of what I send.

After receiving your recent correspondence regarding your ‘gesture of goodwill’, I am willing to accept the offer as long as any charges that appear on my account since you received my Letter Before Action are removed. You will notice that since my original claim letter I ceased using my account and will continue to do so until this matter is resolved, these charges include :

30 Apr 2007 CHG 30MAR A/C - 28.00

31 May 2007 CHG 04MAY A/C - 28.00

29 Jun 2007 CHG 01JUN A/C - 28.00

Along with the pending charge to be applied to my account at the end of July 07 which I ask is refunded as part of this settlement offer.

With these waived, I’ll accept your offer for both my accounts (ACCOUNT NUMBERS). The settlements will need to be credited to my original account – [ACCOUNT] as the 2nd account is now closed.

Once this has been completed, this case can be officially closed and I will not take it any further.

Yours sincerely

Just a couple of amendments as above - but looks good! Anybody else?! x

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

My LBA was dated 29th May 07, but my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) was way back in February (15th) can I not claim April 07's CHG?

Those are my accounts.

As for my wife's account, she has not had access to the account since Xmas.

Can I claim back the same sort of thing with her acceptance letter stating all charges/interest added since she has not had access to it be removed?

Nothing ventured.........nothing gained. Only one way to find out really - send the modified letters (by email - backed up with recorded delivery hard copies) and see what they come back with. ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

By email? Can I do that then? Should I sign the acceptance, scan it and send it by email along with the letters? To which email though?

Sorry, questions, questions, questions. Such a huge pile of documents here though :)

Email acceptance to here Customer.Relations@natwest.com backed up by hard copies to the address requested by Borehamwood.

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

My pleasure! Fingers crossed for the money in your account sooner rather than later! ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Deja Vu

you may find the account that you think is closed that you sent your cards back for and if i understand your post correctly is probably with CMS ( credit management services ) is actualy still open. As i had not received any statements since may last year when my premier account was defaulted and a formal payment arrangement set up ( via an IVA ) i assumed my account was closed. But it was this account Nasty West said they were going to credit !!! i rejected offer unless they paid me by cheque.

just be carefulthats all im saying , they may actually still ahve the account open even though its dormant

regards

stl

• 4 weeks later...

Today I have steam coming from my ear! Some bloke in Natest Collections, being a complete 'Jobsworth' has really got my back up.

I called Natwest last week explaining I have happily accepted there 'Gesture of good will' offer for £3,008 and they also explained that until the pay out has hit my account they'll kindly freeze the charges and interest on my account. I was well pleased.

Come 1st August, guess what. That's right, charged again! So I ring collections to find out whats happening and this complete knob tells me that the money promised will not be sent out til the outstanding balance is brought up to date.

OMG did I fly. I literally blew a fuse went into a out and out barrage of abuse (not swearing although was hard!), told the knob he was a rude jobsworth and should try a little harder to satisfy the customer! I ended the rant by telling him that the OFT will hear about the way this telephone call went and I'll be reporting him personally in my complaint to Natwest, which is when my phone almost broke when I slammed it down on him!

I'm hoping now to call Customer Relations directly to try to find out what's happened to the payment they've offered me.

• 5 months later...

After much debating and delegating, I did actually manage to sort this issue out with Natest and recieved the money eventually with no real problems.

However, since this time, the missus has closed her account and has no more dealings with NatWest. But my account remained open and has now fallen fowl to re-occuring bank charges every month.

I havent used the account for around 4 months and the total owed has now escalted over £1,000 again.

I am so sick of the charges from Natwest, I am now willing to reclaim the charges they have put on the account since my a last claim, which total around a further £400.

Then come to arrangement to pay off the outstanding amount as to what I can afford each month. I have contacted Natwest and they have only offered me a high interest loan to pay off the full amount, to which I told them to stick it!

Has anyone got any information I can use? I know, since the Test case had started, that the rules have changed for reclaiming, so where do I stand? This would be the second claim on the same account of which I am now willing to close as I have now been able to open an account elsewhere and have been using this account since.

What do I need to do now? Do I just start the whole process from scratch? IE - Ignore the 'collections' letter from 'TDM (Tamarisk Debt Management) and approach Natwest for a new S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) since my last claim was settled?

It is so frustrating that banks are still charging customers the mega amounts they are, sending threatening letters and BLATANTLY USING THE TEST CASE SCENARIO TO THEIR ADVANTAGE!

Still charging customers the same amount and bleeding us dry for every penny! I've been completely ignoring letters from the bank for the last few months awaiting news on the Test Case, but after reading it could take a long time...

Can I still claim by the same process as before, regardless of the Test Case?

Is it more likely to end up in court this time?

Proving financial hardship is not difficult as we are a family of 5 currently on benefits (highly active seeking employment though!).

Hi DejaVu, nice to 'see' you again!

Just going through your posts, and I can't believe they've offered you a high interest loan when you're on benefits. It just beggars belief and smacks of unprofessionalism on their behalf. Disgraceful :mad:

Firstly, don't ignore the letters from the Collections Centre. Enter into a dialogue with them (by letter only though - recorded delivery at all times).

Start the reclaiming process again on the new charges - and open a new account elsewhere immediately and start moving your income/DD's and SO's over to the new account. At least this way, you can start from scratch without any penalty charges.............. and it stops Nat West from getting their hands on your benefit payments.

If you've got all your statements, tot up all the new penalty charges and send them a prelim with your schedule of charges - if not, S A R them again. Also, send the 'account in dispute' letter (there's a link to this on the A-Z guide on my sig) to TDM, copy to Nat West. This should put the account firmly back with the collections centre.

With the test case underway, you'll be fobbed off by NW - but send them the prelim and LBA anyway and make sure you stress the financial hardship angle. I have to say though, that regardless of financial hardship, they're still ignoring our requests for repayment of penalty charges.

Keep us posted mate ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Hi Hedgey

Been off for a while, but it's all come to a head once again!

I have to say though, that regardless of financial hardship, they're still ignoring our requests for repayment of penalty charges.
So even with this in mind, I should carry on reagrdless?

It just seems like I could be flogging a dead horse? No?

If feels like an uphill struggle at the moment with the test case, but start the process regardless. You need to make sure from the start that you stress the financial hardship point - I'll have a scoot round and try to find some additional info on this. It's worth having a read through some of the threads in the 'stays' forum as well (sub-forum in general).

The main thing to do though is to get a new account opened and start moving everything over and send the new S A R off ............ then hit them with the prelim and get the account put in dispute! ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***