Cash machine charges

caro
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6561 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Another money spinner for the banks.

I saw my baby (well 19 year old 6 foot son) off on a trip round Europe yesterday. He is away for 6 and a half weeks which is the longest he has ever been away from home.

I went to the cash machine at the railway station to get a bit of extra cash for him to take and it had a sign on it saying that transactions would be free. I put my card in and guess what. It said there would be a charge of £1.50!

I was a bit emotional at the time and the last thing I was worried about was pursuing £1.50, but now I am thinking it should be reported. Don't know what machine it was. Is it worth phoning the station? It's not just my £1.50, it is the principle.

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Guest Lueeze

As far as I know, this is legal, and cash machines can charge for this...even if people dont agree with it....

Sorry!

Lou x

I realise that it is legal to charge and many machines do, but surely the machine should not have a sign on it saying that transactions are free.

That was my point.

What's Best for You?

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Guest Lueeze

Ah, sorry, well that is very misleading, maybe it ws for certain card users? ie Link?

Good idea - I might do that.

What's Best for You?

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

What's Best for You?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6561 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks