Monumental Idiots

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6297 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I just phoned Monument to pay off all I owe apart from what I am claiming for through the court. I was told that they have passed by debt on to Cabot - NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I rang Cabot and they said that it has only happened within the last few days so it isn't on their system yet. They confirmed that they have bought the debt.

Is this allowed when there is a court case in progress? Should I write to the court and inform them as the hearing is next month?

Also should I pay off what I owe still or go through the chasing of original deed of assignment?

Something else. I have just dug out the notice of allocation to the small claims track and it says that I had to get all my paperwork to the court by 24th January. I missed the flaming deadline. What do I do now?

Also there is a bit that says:

The issue of the identity of the defendant will be tried as a preliminary issue at the final hearing and if it is found that Barclays Bank plc is the correct defendant the matter will proceed on the basis that the defence filed is that of Barclays Bank Plc. What does this mean?

Help please!

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6297 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks