BBC news - Firms yield on mortgage exit fees

SteveH2508
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6308 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have read of quite a few getting their exit fees back on another site, does not seem to have taken off on this site yet, or if it has, I have not found it. I requsted my £126 back from Abbey on 20th Feb giving them 14 days but I have not heard anything yet.

The banks are still being crafty though! The Halifax refunded me £100 from the £175 they charged, but wouldn't repay the £50 for 'deeds transfer' which was charged separately. According to the article this is supposed to be included in the overall charge.

I have read of quite a few getting their exit fees back on another site, does not seem to have taken off on this site yet, or if it has, I have not found it. I requsted my £126 back from Abbey on 20th Feb giving them 14 days but I have not heard anything yet.

I posted one today where i got £400 from Coventry BS (4 deals £100 each)people are getting money but it is only the difference between what they said they would charge when you took out the mortgage and what they actually charged you when you completed the mortgage, they are not refunding deed and sealing charges which are about £50 each i can't see how this £50 can be justified as costs when if fact it is done electronically? can we force them to justify there fees?

Larry

I posted one today where i got £400 from Coventry BS (4 deals £100 each)people are getting money but it is only the difference between what they said they would charge when you took out the mortgage and what they actually charged you when you completed the mortgage, they are not refunding deed and sealing charges which are about £50 each i can't see how this £50 can be justified as costs when if fact it is done electronically? can we force them to justify there fees?

I have only requested the difference between the £225 and the £99 as it was when we applied for the mortgage, I don't remember seeing deed and sealing charges as extra.

I have only requested the difference between the £225 and the £99 as it was when we applied for the mortgage, I don't remember seeing deed and sealing charges as extra.

There are always deed fee sealing fees seem to be new but i think they are one in the same?

Larry

Received letter from Abbey today along with a form to complete, so they did reply within the 14days given. Sent form back today, it was just asking for details when mortgage started and finished and account holder names. Now I will wait and see how long it takes them to investigate this . I will keep you posted.