Giving Up The Ghost?

fallen404
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6591 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've noticed, through reading several other people's threads, that recently Natwest have given up their tactic of sending muddled statements with several duplicates in. Mine arrived in perfect order with no duplicates whatsoever.

Is this a sign that Natwest themselves are starting to get ground down? Is the dogged persistence of the BAG paying off, leaving NW too tired to mount even the lightest of defences? Have their own tactics of dragging things out as much as possible actually tired their staff to levels of such extreme apathy that those people yet to get the ball rolling will soon only have to ask once to get their charges refunded?

It's a nice thought, isn't it?8)

DPA Letter received by NatWest 11/04/2006

DPA Request expires 21/05/2006

Statements received 15/05/2006

LBA sent 15/05/2006

If you find me vaguely coherent, click the scales.

Ah, but had the package been torn any worse you could have been missing some statements.

I've just been into Natwest to complain again about the state of the envelopes. I told the woman First Direct send their's in a hard-backed envelope with Masking tape on the edges by courier, and must be signed for.

Natwest's come in a flimsy brown envelope, usually torn, often held together with elastic bands and occasionally left on doorsteps.

I asked "where is the security in that?". I also told her people were starting to complain to their MP's now, so she might like to inform someone about that.

She promised to send a further complaint to head office through the internal intranet from her branch.

Let's keep updated with our Natwest envelopes, and if nothing is done in a couple of weeks, I'll think of something else. Trip to the postroom, maybe.:)

[

This is true. I could have done with an extra elastic band around the statements to stop them slipping. However, it still marks a change in their MO from being deliberately obstructive in terms of what they supply you with, to actually making an effort (albeit a half-hearted one) to supply you with clear information. Maybe the IC gave them a roasting.

LBA sent 15/05/2006

Yup, one very crumpled memo-type letter saying (paraphrased) "here are the copy statements you wanted." I've included in my letter a note saying that I'm taking the lack of any notes about manual interventions to mean that there was none.

LBA sent 15/05/2006

Then it wasn't a complete answer to your DPA request. First Direct are sending complete notes - listing phone calls, reasons for sending letters etc. I've seen Fattie's, pages of them.

There is no Ghost being given up here. Let's just keep track of the envelope condition and I'll find someone to shout at if nothing changes. Or something.:D

[

Well, not exactly. However, I (and I assume pretty much everyone whose claims are level with or ahead of mine) have stated that absence of evidence is being taken as evidence of absence, so any actions they've taken but neglected to mention effectively have not happened.

LBA sent 15/05/2006

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

LBA sent 15/05/2006

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6591 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks