Coz v Nationwide

coz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6292 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya there

Progress report so far;

Sent SAR letter to Nationwide on 6th February - no acknowledgment but cheque for £10 was cashed on 16th February. Don't know how much I am claiming for as I want to ensure correct amount which I can do once all my statements have arrived. Tried to get information from online system but they only go back 15 months not 6 years!

All I can do is wait - I have however occurred another £30 charge since sending the letter due to Sky taking an amount by direct debit that I was not notified there had been a change in amount:(

Will keep ya posted as I hear things.

Waiting for post each day - still no response to SAR.

I did recieve a letter from Nationwide from a Kelly Harbour which was a standard letter trying to explain the rationale behind charging policy. It mentioned there has been a lot of speculation about fees and charges in the media and the OFT has issued a directive regarding credit cards.

Hidden away was a sentence saying "we hope that you can abide by the terms and conditions of the account but if you cannot, then regrettably it may be appropriate for you to consider alternative banking arrangements."

Could this be a veiled threat?:!: No probs I have a parachute account with another bank and letters like this only fuel my desire to fight for what is mine.

Continue to look for the mail.

PS Kelly Harbour was a customer experience co-ordinator (who dreams up these job titles?) 01793 712428

Standard letter but unfortunatley the threat is real it appears that they do close bank accounts down after they have paid out, so if you havent already (and probably read it a thousand times) open yourself a parachute account ASAP and be a good scout and always be prepared lol

A large packet was waiting for me to collect at the post office this morning and my eyes lit up when I saw it was from the Nationwide!

Statements going back to January 2001.

I have spent an hour or so going through them and enter the charges on the spreadsheet found elsewhere on this brilliant site.

I was guessing at maybe £300 so was please that the actual figure I will be claiming for is £555.50. If interest is added then £164.18 makes a total of £719.68!!!

I have wrote the preliminary approach for repayment letter and will send on Monday recorded delivery so the 14 days starts rolling.

I know I will find the answer somewhere else by searching but just in case anyone out there now knows who and where do I address the letter to please?

Here's hoping and still to recieve Halifax statements!